Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so my 250r swapped 400ex sounds like it has a rev limiter in 1st - 2nd but when I go into higher gears it sounds like it's revving its heart out I checked the plugs they looked fine. (Note i'm not that good with plugs but I couldn't see much white on the plug). I have some pictures and it starts fine on cold and warm. Although it does have a small crack in the head gasket which I think maybe the culprit so I already ordered a full gasket kit for the head gasket and the clutch case since that's leaking from the number of times it's been taken off. Also just let me know if this is indeed normal? Or this is an issue. I'm new to the water-cooled/250r world mostly was in the blaster world. -Thanks (P.S it still is kina in the break-in period but the previous owner said he did have an hour and a half of runtime on it of which I assume is breaking it in.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would do leak down test before riding it. Sound like it may be rich down low then powers through it when on pipe. Did you pull head off to see crack? Best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do leak down test before riding it. Sound like it may be rich down low then powers through it when on pipe. Did you pull head off to see crack? Best of luck.
I have not! I will when my kit comes in I haven't rode it since I got it just wanted to try it out. I will probably replace the reed gasket also just to be safe. Also thanks, man!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: So after taking my head off the dome looked like it had a bunch of holes in it. Im assuming a piston went kaboom and sent shrapnel everywhere causing this and I think this could be my issue/time for a new head?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what does the piston look like is the top of it the same it looks abit like its been detonating
Honestly, the piston looks fine I can't really see anything on it still has the shine from when it was installed, again only has about 2 hours on it. Once I hit third gear It sends off. Could just be i'm overspeeding it in 1st and 2nd? 0:04 - 0:06 you can kinda hear it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts