Honda TRX250R Forums banner

250R Rigid

6K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Michael88R 
#1 ·
here is what we are working on.......

See less See more
#8 ·
a buddy and i are building the chassis. Yes the Puma will be going in the Rigid. The thing should actully be done by the weekend, next week at the latest. I will have more pics up in a few days.

#13 ·
that is a 44 that we are boring to a 46.......prolly end up using a 48.....we have our owm programable Cr ignition which im very anxious to try. we epoxyed up the cases where the lightening holes are at, but no they do not need to be decked. there is prolly about 6-8 hours i have in case work to make it work...

#17 ·
neat ...but why no front suspension .. ??
is it only be used for dunes/hill shooter ?

#22 ·
we figured for the banshees a 90hp motor requires about 85 in, so thats what we did.....and the motor placement is the same as my hill chassis, which is a lonestar replica...
I was watching muscle car tv one time and they talked about some method to measure for location of traction bars. It was in relation to the weight distribution versus the length of the wheel base. Dude on tv said if he were to make his traction bars point further towards the front of the car it will keep it down from a wheelie. However he did say, if they put it to far up it would decrease the performance .... somehow. Kind of hard to explain physics & dynamics without a pad and pencil, and in person.

#24 ·
lol that motor looks so small in that frame
yes it does! LOL that is not the puma motor. that is my 330 pro cross motor, but the puma will look small to in the ginormous chassis! LOL got my radiator yesterday so we will put in the radiator mounts next...should be done this week!!!!!

#25 ·
Have you ever been to the Avenal sand drags or any close to the Fresno, Bakersfield areas? I've been wanting to check out the Avenal one for years, but never made it. It seems to be a pretty big event.

#26 ·
i have been to avenal once....the only thing i dont like about it is that they have a bunch of jeeps and crap also...not all quads...people bring out there dodge pickups that they drive there, and race...just stupid. i actually would like to do the tulare sand drags too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.