Honda TRX250R Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I am in the process of painting my engine right now and polishing the cases was waiting on right side gasket so I figured I’d pull it apart tgat polishing is a lot of work but hopefully I get tge chrome look soon lol here are some pics making progress I think it going pretty good for my first time bout got it clean enough for paint but there is dark stains on cylinder any recommendations to take them off

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
That what I figured was just hoping I might find someone with a little trick to keep it shining I’ll just buy a mother’s ball and go over it all every once in a while

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
Keeping Polished aluminum looking like a 'mirrior' just as it did when first polished, takes a lot of time and work. Only way is to wash-clean-dry thoroughly after each ride session, and go over all polished surfaces with a compound like Mothers Polish. Same applies to Chromed Metal.

While I like the look of Polish & Chrome, and BDT Motorsports builds & sells a lot of show room engines & pipes configurations, my favorite is the 88/89 engine look and 'Raw' pipe. The semi-black bottom end + natural as cast cylinder & head, IMO offer the least maintenance, easy to keep clean, and look good. 'Raw' pipes need to be cleaned & Oiled regularly to keep the factory 'WURKS' look.

Carlos

101 - 107 of 107 Posts