Honda TRX250R Forums banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
K good I think ok just go ahead and put seals in it then any tips on putting them in to make it easier

·
Registered
876 Posts
K so I got my piston and stuff and was checking on crank seals and noticed there is oil where the crank and rod is every time I turn the crank over it will come up with oil on it so I am assuming the crank seals have to be bad I have the other bottom end from the 88 motor if that will work but if it’s not a really big job I was thinking bout putting the seals in the 86 motor if I don’t have to split case or anything does the case have to be split for the seals to be replaced
cant diagnose from 1000 miles away, but its normal to have some oil down in the crankcase. So long as its 2 stroke premix. some oil separates out of the mixture. Can you smell the oil? see if it smells the same as the oil in the transmission.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got it back together and running sounds good thanks to everyone for the help I would have Ben lost without all the help I’m having trouble getting it to idle I was thinking the jets may b lil too bit I noticed it had a 175 main jet in it does that sound right for it it is 68 mm piston for pipe v force reeds and dynatek ignition

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I’m not sure what the pilot is I didn’t take it out yet I adjusted the cable and got it idling pretty good it just has a small hesitation from 1/4 to half throttle before the power and comes in was curious around about what size jets usually start with so I could order a few around that size and go from there

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
K thanks I’ll get a few jets and go from there where is usually a good place to start with the main jet and also I was curious about what tempature they usually run I rode it for proly 20 minutes and let it set and idle for problem 10 minutes and used a infrared temp gun and the highest reading I got was 188 on the cylinder and the return antifreeze line was about the same does that sound about right for a temp

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I got a chance to get out and ride my r a little after the rebuild for a few hours straight today for the first time and I noticed the head gasket was seeping a little antifreeze out on to the cylinder it’s a very small amount I cleaned everything really well before I put it back together and used the copper spray on it I really don’t wanna take it back apart for that small of a leak I was wondering if I could maybe torque the bolts a little tighter or something and not have to tear it back down anyone have any suggestions

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
the washers need to go on.a it will help seal the studs and b sometimes the nut will bottom out on the stud before it's really torqued down

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Is there a way to put the washers on without having to take the head back off and put a new gasket on it can I just do one bolt at a time or will i have to just put a new gasket on it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I I’ve got another issue that came about with my r from my stupidity not paying attention I went on a ride Sunday and my engine locked up on me I saw tranny oil all over skid plate and got to looking at it and a bolt had vibrated out of clutch side cover and I lost my oil I pulled topend back off bike and everything looked good up top and rod moves freely so I guess I have seized a rod bearing I wwas wondering if that is a pain to change does the case have to be split ? If so I have another bottom end from an 88 I thought about using if it will work with my 86 cylinder and spacer plate any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
if rod and crank moves you have a trans issue and trans oil has nothing to do with the crank rod..and i have seen r's with no oil or even just mud water in the trans and still shift fine.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts