Honda TRX250R Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
i'm realy surprised with today's technoligy that no one has been able to make a quality lighted cr250r ingition system
With todays technology you would think there would be a way to program the ignition any way you want with a computer like power commander does for road bikes. But I guess creating new technology for atv's that are no longer made and are only built theres probably not enough money in it to make the investment worth while.

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i'm realy surprised with today's technoligy that no one has been able to make a quality lighted cr250r ingition system
x2...the technology exists, and is not dificult. The limiting factor in getting these made in the USA or Japan is the limited quantity, with low volume the prices go way up.

With todays technology you would think there would be a way to program the ignition any way you want with a computer like power commander does for road bikes. But I guess creating new technology for atv's that are no longer made and are only built theres probably not enough money in it to make the investment worth while.
You can already purchase Vortex and MSD programable CDI's, + a few other brands of excellent quality made in Europe, the US or Japan. The issue is cost; if folks think the CR250R OEM IGN is expensive, try adding an MSD or Vortex unit + battery.

The units made in China or Taiwan are low cost, however; very poor quality...I guess you get what you pay for.

Carlos

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.