Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a coyote wide track le racing kart in a trade and I really want to pull the 6hp engine off of it and put a 250r engine on it. What kind of wiring would I need? I dont want to cut up any stock harnesses for a trx/atc 250r. Also anyone ever did this swap? The kart would haul with this engine set up and seems like it would be a total blast!

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
All you would need to do, is use the 250R CDI box & the coil of the frame & harness all hooked together, mount it somewhere close to the engine, then tape up all the loose connectors of the wiring harness adding in a on~off switch & you should be ready to go.
Next thing to think about, would be sprocket sizes to match up with those small kart tires.
Neil

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! This is what I'm starting with so its a good canvas. It's going to be insane for sure!

Thanks Neil for the help! I think just full harness being used and taped up would be good. I'll post more pics up as it goes on! Vehicle Chassis Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I got a chance today to pull the little 6.5hp engine off and see what is needed and what I'm working with. It needs some repair but at it's nothing major. I believe in one pic you can see by the crap motor mounts someone put on there that the frame is cut so that piece will be fixed. It needs axle bearings but that's no big deal, few miscellaneous pieces but nothing major. I plan to build a cradle for the 250r engine to sit in. Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Chassis Automotive tire
Vehicle Formula libre Chassis Car Tire
Wood Metal Hardwood Steel
Land vehicle Vehicle Golf cart Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts