Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I can ride for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. It will just die, mostly when I get into the power band for 5 or so seconds. I've tried letting off of the throttle, thinking maybe it was running out of fuel, but still shuts off. Almost like hitting the kill switch. Tried 2 different switches and dies with both. I should also mention that it generally starts right back up afterwards. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
As the title states, I can ride for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. It will just die, mostly when I get into the power band for 5 or so seconds. I've tried letting off of the throttle, thinking maybe it was running out of fuel, but still shuts off. Almost like hitting the kill switch. Tried 2 different switches and dies with both. I should also mention that it generally starts right back up afterwards. Anyone have any ideas?
First check all connectors, clean all well. Then if you can, swap the Stator, followed by the CDI, Coil, Wire-harnes, ect....

Usually these issues are related to shorts that occur from temperature, vibration or poor-dirty connections.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts