Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been out of the 250r scene for about 6-7 years and I’m rebuilding mine again. Is it me or are the prices of these bikes and parts just crazy expensive? Complete Rs on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist’s seem to all be around 4K. Most of them are worn out or just flat out junk. Parts on eBay seem overpriced! Is it me or is there some kind of resurgence of the ol 250r? What’s the deal?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think as they get older and more rare, people think there gems are worth gold. I got mine last year for 2800. Then put about 5k into it. Now I have a brand new quad for 8k set the way I want it. But yea the prices are high on most parts. Oem stuff remade by people cost a lot to do. I’m just glad the parts are still out there. 🍻 and welcome back!😎

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
So I’ve been out of the 250r scene for about 6-7 years and I’m rebuilding mine again. Is it me or are the prices of these bikes and parts just crazy expensive? Complete Rs on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist’s seem to all be around 4K. Most of them are worn out or just flat out junk. Parts on eBay seem overpriced! Is it me or is there some kind of resurgence of the ol 250r? What’s the deal?
I think as they get older and more rare, people think there gems are worth gold. I got mine last year for 2800. Then put about 5k into it. Now I have a brand new quad for 8k set the way I want it. But yea the prices are high on most parts. Oem stuff remade by people cost a lot to do. I’m just glad the parts are still out there. 🍻 and welcome back!😎
Agree costs have gone up on all 250R parts, specially OEM. The demand for these parts is driving the increased prices; the 250R Legend gets top dollar...:)

Carlos

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep, without a doubt, I have to agree that the oem parts are definently allot, I just bought a fuel filter stem, and for the R, it's about $55, welcome back to the 250r game, I hope to see a nice quad from you!

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have absolutely no idea how i got a running 250r for 1500 but holy crap these prices are super high like i just payed like 60 bucks for a fricking water pump shaft and that was at a discount. i am building a banshee to sell so i can afford parts for my 250r.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, without a doubt, I have to agree that the oem parts are definently allot, I just bought a fuel filter stem, and for the R, it's about $55, welcome back to the 250r game, I hope to see a nice quad from you!
Thanks.. I will post a couple pics when I’m finished

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carlos I think you are right when you say legend. I remember when the 450 quads came out, the 250rs were selling for next to nothing!.. at least in my area. Now that has changed entirely.

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
Carlos I think you are right when you say legend. I remember when the 450 quads came out, the 250rs were selling for next to nothing!.. at least in my area. Now that has changed entirely.
In SoCal +33 year old 250R's are selling for more $$$'s than almost new 450R's of any brand. The 250R Legend is alive :)

Carlos

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that., so Carlos and others, what would you value a mint condition 87r at? I mean bone stock with the exception of new plastics and different rear tires, 1 owner bike, titled, maintained by the local Honda dealer yearly with less than 60 hours on it? No scratches on the frame or even in the paint, paint on motor looks brand new..etc. Just curious

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe that., so Carlos and others, what would you value a mint condition 87r at? I mean bone stock with the exception of new plastics and different rear tires, 1 owner bike, titled, maintained by the local Honda dealer yearly with less than 60 hours on it? No scratches on the frame or even in the paint, paint on motor looks brand new..etc. Just curious
Oh jeez, that sounds like a survivor R here in Florida your looking at about 7k

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
In SoCal, as you described, with OEM Plastics $5000

Oh jeez, that sounds like a survivor R here in Florida your looking at about 7k
:)

Carlos

1 - 12 of 12 Posts