Honda TRX250R Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Did you do one change at a time? You may need a cel needle. I know on my 39mm carb it wanted the leaner cel needle instead of the dgh, but never got around to it. Where you located? I saw you were at sand lake..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did you do one change at a time? You may need a cel needle. I know on my 39mm carb it wanted the leaner cel needle instead of the dgh, but never got around to it. Where you located? I saw you were at sand lake..
I did change one at a time and it’s driving me crazy now! I live in Gresham

·
Registered
367 Posts
The "bog" your experiencing could just be the lack of bottom end from the PT hi-rev pipe. I ran a PT hi-rev on my TRX with a ported oem cylinder for years & while it worked well for hill racing it made the powerband very narrow & peaky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Humm, well it didn’t do it with my 38 A/S but it does with my 38PWK. I went away from the A/s cause it was giving me trouble trying to tune it and it always ran rich. Now I’m at the point where it’s starting to run amazing on the mid and top end but this low end bog is really screwing things up. Wish I could just find a dyno and pay someone to do it hahaha I really don’t care at this point.
The "bog" your experiencing could just be the lack of bottom end from the PT hi-rev pipe. I ran a PT hi-rev on my TRX with a ported oem cylinder for years & while it worked well for hill racing it made the powerband very narrow & peaky.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Your semi close, im in mcminnville, Im no expert but I'd be willing to come out and help. Ive tuned my R and my brothers R with success.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Humm, well it didn’t do it with my 38 A/S but it does with my 38PWK. I went away from the A/s cause it was giving me trouble trying to tune it and it always ran rich. Now I’m at the point where it’s starting to run amazing on the mid and top end but this low end bog is really screwing things up. Wish I could just find a dyno and pay someone to do it hahaha I really don’t care at this point.
A Keihin A/S carb is a PWK. The difference between an A/S & a standard PWK is the A/S has 4 vents instead of 2 & they have a little bit better throttle response than the standard PWK. Other than that the PWK series of carbs are meant for strong mid to top end power & if you switched from an A/S PWK to a standard PWK than you lost a bit of throttle response by doing that which could make your low rpm bog even more pronounced with that hi-rev pipe.... If your looking for a dyno tune, Matt at DTR down in Salem has a dyno.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A Keihin A/S carb is a PWK. The difference between an A/S & a standard PWK is the A/S has 4 vents instead of 2 & they have a little bit better throttle response than the standard PWK. Other than that the PWK series of carbs are meant for strong mid to top end power & if you switched from an A/S PWK to a standard PWK than you lost a bit of throttle response by doing that which could make your low rpm bog even more pronounced with that hi-rev pipe.... If your looking for a dyno tune, Matt at DTR down in Salem has a dyno.
Wow never thought of the pipe. Maybe I’ll throw the a/s back on and see what happens.
Thanks man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I’m taking your advice and going to DTR on Wednesday. Matt was really nice and said he could get me in pretty quick. Should of done this a long time ago. I hope they can fix it :)
Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
704 Posts
LED is in Gresham. Arlan can point you to the right tune. 39 is a bit large for standard bore. The air Stryker carbs have fins on the inlet which help speed up air velocity at low throttle position. So they due tend to work better down low than a stand carb

21 - 30 of 30 Posts