Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 250r has a low end bog just wondering if anyone could help me out on what might be causing it. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I forgot my specs
270cc dune port PT HR pipe fb silencer coolhead rad valve timing plate 38 PWK from Duncan racing 180m 55p klotZ 50/1 half pump half race @ 190psi. Runs ok in the lower gears but I have a bog like when I’m in 2nd and stab the throttle it cuts out for a second then hits the power band. Having a hard time pulling 4th 5th and 6th in the sand. Running a br8es plug k&n filter open. Not sure if I missed anything.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I now have a 170 main and a 50 pilot mid and top is absolutely Insane but I still have the low end hesitation/stutter. Makes it real hard to ride in the lower gears. I ordered a dgh needle to replace whatever is in the 38 pwk that Duncan had in it when he shipped it. I just see 4 different sets of number and letters on the needle but really don’t know what it is. I know the needle is mostly for mid I believe but hopefully this my solve my issue.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Stutter and bog are different. Stutter is usually a symptom of being rich, bog is usually lean. Make one change at a time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stutter and bog are different. Stutter is usually a symptom of being rich, bog is usually lean. Make one change at a time.
Well crap I guess I’m just not a very good tuner haha! I guess I should call it a hesitation over a bog or stutter. My pilot is a 50 so if it’s rich I don’t know how much lower I can go before do damage. I’ll keep plugging away until I figure this out. Thank you

·
Registered
509 Posts
My bros 270cc trx250r I tuned for him, we have a 48 poilet and 1.5 turns on air screw and the plug is a perfect chocolate brown. You'll be safe dropping poilet to 48 or even a 45 im sure if need be.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Buy a handful of jets and concentrate on the pilot first. That circuit always runs. Try going up a size first, it is safer to go up then down, to see if that helps or makes it worse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My bros 270cc trx250r I tuned for him, we have a 48 poilet and 1.5 turns on air screw and the plug is a perfect chocolate brown. You'll be safe dropping poilet to 48 or even a 45 im sure if need be.
I could drop it more but I don’t think that will fix my hesitation issue :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Buy a handful of jets and concentrate on the pilot first. That circuit always runs. Try going up a size first, it is safer to go up then down, to see if that helps or makes it worse.
So I was at 55 180 dropped it to a 52 175 didn’t notice anything dropped it to a 50 170 now my mid range and top end is crazy strong but my low end is still pretty crappy and I have a low end hesitation that comes on more noticeably In 2nd 3rd and 4th under a load but when it gets to the mid range it really opens up. Tbh my low end would be really good if not for the Hesitation. Sometimes it’s so bad it almost puts me over the bars. It’s almost like I. Hitting the front break or something. When I get the dgh I’ll put that in and see what happens. Thank you

·
Registered
509 Posts
What color is your plug? And what needle did the pwk come with? Most 38s already come with a dgh needle I thought? Atleast mine all did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well crap lol I don’t honestly know what needle I have. Dumb I know. And if my pwk does have a dgh in it then I’m at a loss. I’ll have to look at my slide. I know my a/s that I had was a 7. Driving me crazy…

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You were right. My pwk has a DGH………..dropping the pilot to a 48 and going from 3rd clip to 4th. I’ll report back

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You were right. My pwk has a DGH………..dropping the pilot to a 48 and going from 3rd clip to 4th. I’ll report back
Well pilot stayed at a 50 main stayed at 170 moved clip to 4th changed slide from 6 to 7 and the bog or hesitation is STILL THERE! WTF? Not sure what to do now…..DGH did not work :( please any ideas would be amazing!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts