Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
You need to do a little research my friend. There is a very large amount of people that have been screwed by this guy you say is an expert. Me included! If that is what you are after then by all means carry on.
The issue I have is the keyboard commando obviously did not read the ops post about surfacing his parts as Carlos suggested. He instead jumped at a chance to contradict someone else. I have a decent amount of knowledge when it comes to o'ring material as I work with them quite often in my line of work. Am I an expert? No I am not. I am the first person to admit that I have more to learn in my life and I set a goal of learning something new every day. If a person goes through life believing that they know everything they cannot learn.
I can't tell you what material o'ring the op used on his cylinder as I have not been told by him what it is. Has Carlos? Probably not. I do my best to ignore his condescending comments and his belittling attitude, but to ignore the op just so he can try to school me?
I'm so fortunate to have Hybrid Engineering, LED, and ESR in my area and on speed dial. I do not and will not buy anything from Carlos or accept his information. It comes a too great of a cost.
Loren
It sounds to me like you are more then a little sensitive, maybe for good reason, as I have no knowledge of your personal history with Carlos. However, I did not read Carlos’ post with the same “tenor” as you did.

I would also say the even if Carlos’ intended what you think he did, there is still no reason to not continue to engage in the conversation.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Like I said, you need to do some research. Find all the fake accounts, all the bs he's caused, and people he's screwed. Trx250r.org was started by people who fought with him and were banned from here. He will say that everyone over there is jealous of him and a hater. I invite you to stop by over on .org and get a feel for the vibe. We have a ton of great conversations over there. Oh and Carlos has a lifetime ban lol!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure why anyone told you 85-86 heads are junk but there not junk at all. In fact the stock 86 head you have with an ATC head gasket will probably work better than the cool head your using. I used to run an o-ring cool head like yours (but with an unmachined dome) until I learned about the importance of directing coolant flow to the exhaust side which is achieved through the head gasket. If you decide to stick with that head a new dome would be a good idea. It was stated that you can get either a pump gas or race gas dome for your cool-head but there actually rated by cc's not race gas or pump gas so there's more than 2 choices. I had 19, 21 & 22cc domes for my o-ring cool head.

·
Registered
286 Posts
norm is a lier. calls me retarded. known carlos years. screwed no 1. other site is 4 losers.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Norm,

I have done some reading. I know enough about what has been said. I will not comment about it not knowing the truthfulness of said claims. What I do know is, even if true, a lot of that was a long time ago and all I have seen recently is him giving a lot of information to us who need help.

I Apologize to the OP, for the hijack.

·
Registered
158 Posts
norm is a lier. calls me retarded. known carlos years. screwed no 1. other site is 4 losers.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
This is what you get when you don't agree with Carlos. This is helpful how? This guy is Carlos's spokesman!

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is what you get when you don't agree with Carlos. This is helpful how? This guy is Carlos's spokesman!
So now Carlos has to eat $&@! From someone else’s post? Obviously Matuus is a Carlos supporter, but that does not mean you have a to attribute his comments to Carlos.

It’s unfortunate that we all can’t just stop from the negative comments, and personal attacks. It would also probably help if some grew a thicker skin and did not assume the worst because of some “history.” I suspect that‘s way to much wishful thinking.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
You need to do a little research my friend. There is a very large amount of people that have been screwed by this guy you say is an expert. Me included! If that is what you are after then by all means carry on.
The issue I have is the keyboard commando obviously did not read the ops post about surfacing his parts as Carlos suggested. He instead jumped at a chance to contradict someone else. I have a decent amount of knowledge when it comes to o'ring material as I work with them quite often in my line of work. Am I an expert? No I am not. I am the first person to admit that I have more to learn in my life and I set a goal of learning something new every day. If a person goes through life believing that they know everything they cannot learn.
I can't tell you what material o'ring the op used on his cylinder as I have not been told by him what it is. Has Carlos? Probably not. I do my best to ignore his condescending comments and his belittling attitude, but to ignore the op just so he can try to school me?
I'm so fortunate to have Hybrid Engineering, LED, and ESR in my area and on speed dial. I do not and will not buy anything from Carlos or accept his information. It comes a too great of a cost.
Loren
he just put it on a flat surface and clean it up that way.didnt take to a shop and had it done right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
NOT "incorrect o-ring material"...it didn't melt, it was extruded outward from the high pressure side...cylinder bore...!

The o-ring material Brown in color is perfectly fine, actually it's called FKM aka "fluoroelastomer", similar properties/operating temperatures to Silicone, except higher tear strength. It's used in all 250R Drag cylinders like Sphynx, Lynx, Puma, and Saber....as well as all Yamaha, and High End Banshee engine Builds.

The cause of o-ring failure in your case is from high pressure extrusion of the o-ring material. Either the Head, cylinder, o-ring gland, Flatness or all are incorrect. The dome could also be sitting to low (or to high in some cases) relative to the shell.

As I stated in a previous post: "That head, the o-ring glands are bad, burred and not even. Your o-ring is leaking coolant into the combustion, the top of your piston confirms what I just stated. Have the head cleaned, o-ring glands re-machined correctly, head machined flat, cylinder lapped flat, new o-rings...your troubles will go away"

Get you're head & cylinder checked, flattened, o-ring glands cut properly, lapped, ect...until then; you will keep experiencing failures.

Carlos
Thank you very much I did like you said and it’s no longer blowing the head gasket out finally! It’s actually running as it should I mean it still seems a bit rich but I think it might be excess anti freeze in the cylinder from having it apart so much. Guess we we will see how long it last I have not had very good luck and it’s all stupid mistakes on my part. Greatly appreciate the help would have never figured this out

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also I forgot to mention I had it machined down to flat but the problem I found my own stupidity again. The front 2 head studs were a bit longer than the other ones and I used the stock castle nuts or dome nuts that came with my stock head and they must have just barely been bottoming out where it wasn’t getting torqued to the same as the rest of the head bolts. Changed head nuts and it fixed it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also I forgot to mention I had it machined down to flat but the problem I found my own stupidity again. The front 2 head studs were a bit longer than the other ones and I used the stock castle nuts or dome nuts that came with my stock head and they must have just barely been bottoming out where it wasn’t getting torqued to the same as the rest of the head bolts. Changed head nuts and it fixed it!
Glad you got to the bottom of it all. Don't be too hard on yourself about mistakes. We are all learning every day. The head nuts are called acorn nuts and they should also have a washer under them. The washer should be copper or aluminum. Again, I don't know if you have washers under the acorn nuts or not. Just making a suggestion. Good luck
Loren

·
Registered
286 Posts
good 4 u. always acorn. washer. like these.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber

21 - 34 of 34 Posts