Honda TRX250R Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’m not sure if this will help with the wobble but they sell balancing beads that you insert thru your valve stem. I have some rolling around in an old set of tires on the shelf & didn’t know why they were in there till I asked a friend. Then I did a little research & there are different amounts to put in different sizes tires.

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The D14 XC 5th round (my 4th race) was yet again at the Fredneck Ranch last weekend. It’s the last one there for the year. I took the holeshot and 2nd place. I personally felt better than I ever have - stamina, strength, fatigue, etc. Apparently working out and eating better is helping🤷🏼‍♂️ That said, I’m still slower than the guy that consistently beats me…😏 The R ran great, but my skid plate broke and one of my pipe springs popped off. Easy fixes. I think the engine is starting to get a little tired, unfortunately. I need to run a compression test to know for sure. I’d really, really like to make it through this season without having to rebuild as there are only 2 more races left.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Motocross

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Tire Light Motor vehicle Plastic bottle

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
ISF Racing finished up my no-link swingarm last week - Steve does some beautiful work! It’s now at TLR Coatings getting powder coated in Columbia Coatings mini texture black just like the other components. I hope to get it back this coming week🤞🏻
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Wheel

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
How’s the no link work with the stock frame? Would be interested in doing something similar on my build.
In short, it works with a no-link swingarm and a correct length no-link shock.

The no-link setup was mostly found in aftermarket chassis, most notably Roll Design Lobo and LSR, where the upper shock mount was moved up on the frame allowing for a longer shock - typically 17.5-18”. In any OEM frame/no-link setup that I’ve seen the shock length is 15.5-15.75”.

From my understanding, only Roll Design (Lobo II) and KOQ made no-link swingarms specifically for OEM frames. Any others were likely intended for an aftermarket no-link chassis.

The OEM frame/no-link setup is not common, but it can be done. Unfortunately, all the usual aftermarket swingarm manufacturers only made no-links in the 88/89 style. ISF Racing, to my knowledge, is the only one to ever be willing to make a no-link swingarm in the 86/87 style, with this one being the second. Burns350R has the first one, which this build was modeled off from his XC 250R chassis.

If you pursue this path, make sure you find a shock builder that is familiar with these setups. I chose Motowoz because, 1. I’ve always heard good things about them, and 2. Jim setup Burns350R’s shocks on his XC 250R build, so I felt confident he’d get mine right.

Lastly, the no-links are notorious for being a PIA with the intake/airbox, often times needing to adjust the airbox location to clear the shock throughout its travel.

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I think the engine is starting to get a little tired, unfortunately. I need to run a compression test to know for sure. I’d really, really like to make it through this season without having to rebuild as there are only 2 more races left.
Well, I’m dropping off the engine this week to DBC Racing for a rebuild. It’s really hard to start and get/keep running, and I can roll it over with my hand. I hope it’s a quick turnaround and I can be back in the game for the next race.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I picked up my ISF no-link swingarm from the powder coater today. It was the first time that I actually had it in my possession and wow, I’m impressed! The build quality and fitment is second to none. Everything fits and lines up exactly how it’s supposed to, and I was surprised that it came with every piece of hardware. It took a while to get it, but it was definitely worth the wait.
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle part

Automotive tire Tire Hood Bicycle tire Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Similar, but different😁 Mostly similar in that neither run right now🤣😏 A side note - those Obor’s are HEAVY. There is a very noticeably difference just lifting the back end of each machine to move them around.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Well, I’m dropping off the engine this week to DBC Racing for a rebuild. I hope it’s a quick turnaround and I can be back in the game for the next race.
DBC Racing crushed it! I dropped my engine off last Monday and just picked it up tonight - a 1 week turnaround. We ended up doing a lot more than just rebuilding the top end, too. He split the cases and replaced the gaskets to fix a small oil leak, put a new clutch in, and replaced the counterbalancer bearing. It should be good to go for awhile now. Thanks to Blake at DBC Racing, I’ll easily make it to the next race on Oct 8th.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

41 - 58 of 58 Posts