Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my bikes, 88 & 89, have a HB9-CF552 CDI OEM module. Finding an OEM model is tough...and expensive if you can find it.
Anyone know of a suitable replacement with similar spark curve, etc... that can run well in a stock bike ?

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Both my bikes, 88 & 89, have a HB9-CF552 CDI OEM module. Finding an OEM model is tough...and expensive if you can find it.
Anyone know of a suitable replacement with similar spark curve, etc... that can run well in a stock bike ?
No aftermarket replacements are any good, just the facts. Now, with that said; BDT Motorsports has an order of OEM 'Type' CDI's coming from Japan, manufactured to OEM specifications at the same Japanese factory that made the OEM original versions. Both 86-87 and 88-89 versions will be available.

This is BDT's 3rd order of these, as soon as they arrive I will post the information...!

BDT is also testing on the BDT Dyno, followed by Track testing a new aftermarket version of 85, 86-87 and 88-89 CDI's made by a reputable US company. Not sure how these will work, haven't tested them yet, give BDT 3-4 weeks and we will have accurate answers one way or another.

Solutions to not having any new CDI's are in the works at BDT Motorsports.

Carlos

·
Registered
334 Posts
Carlos are you familiar with Tour Max cdi made in Japan ?theyre supposedly a direct replacement for Oem ..I don’t know much about them..wondering if they live up to Japanese standards..

·
Registered
162 Posts
They will

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Would a HA2 model from an 86, 87 work on my 88?
All ATC/TRX250R CDI's from 86-89 will work on all ATC/TRX250R 86-89 models, however; the 88/89 have slightly better timing for the Port Layout on 87-88/89 cylinders. If at all possible stick to year specific CDI's.

Carlos

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All ATC/TRX250R CDI's from 86-89 will work on all ATC/TRX250R 86-89 models, however; the 88/89 have slightly better timing for the Port Layout on 87-88/89 cylinders. If at all possible stick to year specific CDI's.

Carlos

Trying to stick with the 88/89, thinking the long rod motors might have a different timing..Thanks again Carlos

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Trying to stick with the 88/89, thinking the long rod motors might have a different timing..Thanks again Carlos
Long Rod engines behave differently to timing & timing curves than short rod, or stroker crankshafts.

Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts