Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i got to the dunes i ran my quad and it wouldn't idle without giving it gas. While i was riding around the dunes my quad would bog at random times. You would be in 3rd gear on the power band, then all of the sudden it would start bogging.
After about an hour of riding, my quad started to bog really bad then stopped and died. I pulled out the sparkplug(BR9EG) and it was covered in oil and fowled.
I pulled my spare out(BR8ES), got about 20min on it. pulled the plug out again and it was gray(Fried).
My ratio is 40:1 with premium gas and Motul 510 Synthetic.
I don't know what to do from this point on? :mad::( Please Help!.... Thanks!

·
Registered
922 Posts
What carb and what jets?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know its 190main. im going to go take pictures of the carb and both sparkplugs. I just bought the quad, so i dont know much info on the motor work done to it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar experience with my esr310 the frst time after rebuild and i was also running a 190 main. I jetted down using plug chops to a 170 main and now she runs like a dream.

·
Registered
317 Posts
190 is fat for a coast bike of any cc.
I'd be a rich guy if I had a dollar for every bike I saw for sale that said "runs great, just needs carb adjusted". The guys here won't lead you wrong on your new bike, and you'll learn a ton. If you have a Pwk carb your in luck, I'm in town and have a ton of jets from R's over the years. Since the plug is out, do you have the tools to do a compression check?

·
Registered
898 Posts
grey spark plug usually means you have pulled aluminum somewhere... good luck,,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Grey could mean water. Grey / white specks are another story. I have comp check tools and leakdown. Hit me up, I'm hoping to get to sand by Friday or sat to do some tuning of my own.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no clue where to start on this quad. I dont want to sale it, but i had to get towed out of coosebay saturday because of this bogging and fowling plugs issue. I would love to have somone come out and look at my quad. I dont have the money to pay for a shop to do it. 50$ is all i got in my empty wallet.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Looks Oem 34 pj so that 190 is hugep

·
Registered
317 Posts
Pig rich. If that's a 34-35mm PJ you should be a 170 range main. I'm home most all day and live in Veneta. I'll look at my jets. If you run out I'll check compression and swap jets out. Always happy to help.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Just be glad you're very rich instead of very lean, Atleast you know your motor is still good.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Tison Maxx2ho knows a good bit about 2 strokes and such hes in eugene with ya. hes already offered to help out give him a shout. carb tuning is not so complicated do some reading on here and pickup some jets, having the full specs on the carb would help alot also. Pilot jet size, Needle #, Airscrew setting

1 - 20 of 36 Posts