Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just picked up an 86 seems to be a clean bike in decent shape , I’m getting ready to strip in down this week and sandblast the frame and do the gusset kit , I’m lookin for some suggestions on what everyone is running set up wise , bike will only see the sand . I would like to do a plus 2 front end , what is everyone running in the rear ? Are you stretching the swing arm a big ? Getting rid of the shock link ? Wider axle ? New to these machines so any pointers would help , I’m willing to spare no expense to get the look I’m after thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I kept my swingarm stock length. But the problem most of us having is we can't easily get a stock linkage rebuild kit. If I had the opportunity I'd try a no link swingarm. I imagine unless it was being used to race for a living it would be just fine... especially with today's shock technology. I wouldn't stretch it out for everyday riding. It's actually fun to be able to easily lift that front end with a twist of the throttle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh....and going plus 4 on the axle is what I've always done. Stability is nice plus it enhances a plus 4 front end

1 - 3 of 3 Posts