Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks well resolved the issue on saturday swapped the cdi and bingo ran fine going through the gears, i had put a different cdi on a few weeks ago before putting top end back together,it was a dze product made in argentina are these known to have issues, dont know what brand the original cdi is swapped it cos it was a bit loose on the connections but its back on now cheers for previous advice.

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
hi folks well resolved the issue on saturday swapped the cdi and bingo ran fine going through the gears, i had put a different cdi on a few weeks ago before putting top end back together,it was a dze product made in argentina are these known to have issues, dont know what brand the original cdi is swapped it cos it was a bit loose on the connections but its back on now cheers for previous advice.
Great news, you put in a lot of work, and it finally has paid off. As an FYI; the Red Box CDI's are Made in Argentina and sold under the brand Ricky Stator, as well as a couple of others.

Definitely a problem CDI, usually with a lot of kick back and poor performance.

Carlos

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks carlos yes im relieved the work ive done has seemed to be ok for now and no negative effects it pulled well just have to see what it is like on a proper track out of the corners, it cant be any worse with more compression might have to play with gearing.how much are your oem cdi units please carlos cheers paul

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
Most welcome...!

$175-$200 on the OEM version CDI's made in Japan. Final price is based on the lot going through US Custom, and invoice.

Carlos

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks i will approach the guy i bought faulty cdi first off and see what he comes up with he may have a spare oem cdi cheers paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts