Honda TRX250R Forums banner

00-01 cr250 vortex cdi good buy for trx250r?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  250cc 
#1 ·
Hey gang I just wanted to get some other opinions on this. We'll because vortex dosnt make original 250r cdi's so I was thinking the cr250 version would be next best thing. I already got my hands on a cr125 cdi I'll be testing soon. And got to find a 01 cr250 cdi to add to the collection.
Thanks guys.

#2 ·
Hey gang I just wanted to get some other opinions on this. We'll because vortex dosnt make original 250r cdi's so I was thinking the cr250 version would be next best thing. I already got my hands on a cr125 cdi I'll be testing soon. And got to find a 01 cr250 cdi to add to the collection.
Thanks guys.
I run the HPI system on my bike and can see a huge improvement especially in starting. LED recommends it over the cr250 ignition

#3 ·
Yeah I hear good things about hpi don't get me wrong tho. But I wanna stay as close I can to honda oem as possible. Eventually will buy that system to just have it but I enjoy making things work that where never intended to be together. I tend to have pretty good luck with that. Just wanted to know if a vortex cr250 would be next best thing to oem plus 10 maps. Because if the cr250 vortex is a upgrade for cr250 and a oem cr250 ignition is a upgrade for a 250r then the vortex must be still a awesome option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.