Best sand tire, for fast, long trail use/on few roads

Best sand tire, for fast, long trail use/on few roads

Need help from anyone that rides fast/hard long on lite tires under 25# on soft sand w/ little use on road/rock/mud/hard pack.Heres a few brands that seem like the tire pattern I'm looking for on these reviews, but got me confused!Maxxis Zilla ATV Tires 26-11-12 MZ41100 23.3 # 1.19480 $101.90 I just read this review:they run small and puncture way too easy3 miles into the first ride with these tires one popped on a gravel trail, no sticks no sharp rocks, just class 5 gravel. also i bought 26x11x12 and the accual height of the tire is 24.5" at 5psi. too short! MASSFX MSThis tire is only 23-1/2" tall. Not even close to 26 inches tall as advertised.One StarBy Joshua S. on Jun 01, 2018 BIG HORN: seem to run heavy about 30#'s, compared to other lite brands. Tread pattern doesn't match my front tires. Like Wanda or Mars nut they both are very narrow by 2''.Kenda Bear Clawreviews:You get what you pay for. I thought I was getting a great deal on a pair of 25x10x12 tires until I got them mounted. They are much smaller than the stock tires I was replacing. They are aprox. 24" diameter. They blow up when adding air/ shred easily! GBC Spartacus Extremely heavy 30#'s, and 12'' W, not 11'' as needed, I have these mounted for rears now, look good, work well for plowing snow, but I'm afraid while riding fast and long trips, out most of the day in soft sand, they'll mess with clutch/belts!Any one riding hard n long, on sand w/ little road use?Thanks

A bigger aggressive tire will definitely mess with clutch, need to set it up or will burn out
    also make sure your running same size front/rear tires
    not much help on which tire to get but a itp mud light is a aggressive tire that really is light weight
    RIDE WHATEVER IS NOT BROKEN!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95oVZO1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	60413I’ve had very good luck with the CST Pulses, 20x11x9.. These were them new, they are holding up very well and hook excellent in all terrains.. I have not had them in loose sand, but mud, hard dirt, forest and grass very well..
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links