Kick starter -- can they be rebuilt?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kick starter -- can they be rebuilt?

Kick starter -- can they be rebuilt?

Just picked up nice "chrome" kick starter, unfortunately my neglected and rusted kick starter is much tighter and clicks. Curious if there is a way to restore the "kick and knuckle" on our kickstarts.

Thank you,
    Gooch

no !!! just send it to me its junk!!!

there is defiantly not a kicker rebuild kit with a new spring and ball bearing, for around 6 bucks and about a minute's time to fix,,,ya defiantly not one of those

That takes care of the wobble when it's in the closed position?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GOOCH View Post
    That takes care of the wobble when it's in the closed position?
    ya but do you really want to spend all that fixing a lousy chrome kicker, when you could use a perfectly good tight rusty one, and send me the chrome one..lol

Barry must have a dozen good kick starters already Gooch, he already got a few from me....no just kidding

You can easily rebuild 90% of them, you can also grind the detent a bit to get it to clip into place better.

Carlos
    BDT WURKS RACING....WWW.BDTMOTORSPORTS.COM ON EBAY TRY 250RTRIKES...OR CALL 909-466-9152...BDT IS THE HOME OF THE 250R....LARGEST NEW AND USED PARTS INVENTORY IN STOCK...."SIMPLY THE BEST"

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Barry must have a dozen good kick starters already Gooch, he already got a few from me....no just kidding

You can easily rebuild 90% of them, you can also grind the detent a bit to get it to clip into place better.

Carlos
    oh man I thought I was going to get lucky number 13.. oh well ill get the next one...

LOL actually I just grabbed a couple of the leftover RIS models a couple months ago for $99 with rebuild kits.. now they are over 125 and still look the same
    Last edited by DnB_racing; 07-30-2013 at 08:26 PM.

So I disassembled at the knuckle and the ball bearing stayed in place; did not drop out. Tried to push inward and no real movement?

So Barry do you remove the spring and ball bearing, clean orifice, and just re-assembly and that's it? I'm thinking I could swap the 2 or 3 parts from the "rusty" kick -- she's still tight like...

Ya spray it up and get the ball out. Get a new setup they still sell them and grease it up prior to reassembly

Know, I do not think that they can be rebuilt, I have never heard anything like this before and I am not sure about this. If you are also not sure about this, then contacting a mechanic in your area could be the best possible way, but in my opinion it cannot be done.

What? Of course they can for less then &6.00 I think I rebuilt my first kick starter when I was about 8 years old on an old 75cc Indian dirt bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links