Lonestar +2 arms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lonestar +2 arms

Hello gentlemen hope all is well. I need some advice or insight if I may.i bought some lsr +2 a arms. I installed the lower a arm for a mock up because the instruction stated that some quads such as 400ex etc need to be notched to allow the zerk fitting to clear the frame.my question is has anyone done this and how much do I have to cut out.i dont want to cut out too much thanks in advance. By the way, it is on a 1988 250r.

Can you post pics? If there specifically made for the 250R you shouldn't have to do any clearance cutting to make them fit.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
    Can you post pics? If there specifically made for the 250R you shouldn't have to do any clearance cutting to make them fit.
    yes I can when I get back home I will sir

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

I don't recall having any issues when I ran Lonestar on my 250r. Banshee was an issue. You can use a few rachet straps to compress the front suspension and see if it clears.

Best regards
    -Jason

Quote Originally Posted by cmorris View Post
    Hello gentlemen hope all is well. I need some advice or insight if I may.i bought some lsr +2 a arms. I installed the lower a arm for a mock up because the instruction stated that some quads such as 400ex etc need to be notched to allow the zerk fitting to clear the frame.my question is has anyone done this and how much do I have to cut out.i dont want to cut out too much thanks in advance. By the way, it is on a 1988 250r.
    I guess some Posters have not built a 250R in a Long Time...LOL

LSR A-Arms are not the only ones that you need to notch the frame to clear a 'Zerk' fitting, even A-Arms have changed slightly over the last few years.

Take your 'Zerk' fitting off, rotate the A-Arms up through full travel, this way you can see how much to notch. Typically at BDT we notch a .500"-.625" diameter, from the edge of the bracket half way in. You will end up with half a .625" diameter or .3125 radius cut.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorris View Post
    I guess some Posters have not built a 250R in a Long Time...LOL

LSR A-Arms are not the only ones that you need to notch the frame to clear a 'Zerk' fitting, even A-Arms have changed slightly over the last few years.

Take your 'Zerk' fitting off, rotate the A-Arms up through full travel, this way you can see how much to notch. Typically at BDT we notch a .500"-.625" diameter, from the edge of the bracket half way in. You will end up with half a .625" diameter or .3125 radius cut.

Carlos
    thanks alot carlos was about to post some pics when I saw your post. I appreciate it saved the day. Tomorrow I will post back really busy today.
    acecarlos likes this.

So I compared it to the upper grooves and carlos was right 1/4 from the edges and tapered in into a 1/2 in just like the top. Again thanks for the guidance carlos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200208_121932_1581183718632.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	61953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200208_121950_1581183675655.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	61951  
    acecarlos likes this.

I will post once the paint dries so you guys can see thanks alot always come through for us rookies hahaha
    acecarlos likes this.

Great job cmorris...!

I think what has happened overtime is some A-arms manufactures have moved the Zerk Fittings out of the old standard location, obviously they have not considered interference with the frame. I've seen this the past 4-6 years.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Great job cmorris...!

I think what has happened overtime is some A-arms manufactures have moved the Zerk Fittings out of the old standard location, obviously they have not considered interference with the frame. I've seen this the past 4-6 years.

Carlos
    thanks for walking me through it I was skeptical at first haha.thanks again my friend
    acecarlos likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links