Ohlins Front shocks HO716
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ohlins Front shocks HO716

Ohlins Front shocks HO716

I picked up a decent used set of Ohlins HO716 front shocks. They need to be rebuilt and I am going to attempt it myself. I have the springs off. Anyone know how to get the nitrogen out? There is a nut and a Phillips screw in the center. On the top part of the shock body there is an allen key screw, I believe that is the fill port. On some videos they are showing that you use a hypodermic needle to drain the nitrogen?????? ummmm..... is there a special type of valve in there or is it a self healing bladder? I am also missing some of the bushings/spacers to mount the shocks. any chance someone have any spare parts laying around? I can buy the stuff new but love to find decent used stuff. Is there a particular size spanner I need to get the 2 lock rings off? I tried a hammer and screw driver but I am further destroying the soft aluminum rings.

if you dont know how to bleed the nitrogen out of the shrader valve you dont need to be rebuilding them.

WheelieD I had my Ohlins rebuilt directly by Ohlins USA themselves. They are out of the Carolinas, I have all their contact info if you want it let me know. The quality control and professionalism is incredible!
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    if you dont know how to bleed the nitrogen out of the shrader valve you dont need to be rebuilding them.

you know what would help aside from the smartassery? is if these shocks had a shrader valve.
    FerrinMotorsports likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    WheelieD I had my Ohlins rebuilt directly by Ohlins USA themselves. They are out of the Carolinas, I have all their contact info if you want it let me know. The quality control and professionalism is incredible!

send it

here is a link to the shocks I bought.... feel free to show me where the shrader is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1993-H...53.m2749.l2649

well the rezzy has a screw on the bottom to release the pressure.but not sure how your going to refill it.if it was me i would just spend the $150 to have them done by someone that knows what they are doing.i see you live in maybe ashtabula ohio.where i also live.

[email protected]

Jerry Wohlgemuth
    Customer Support Manager
    828-692-4525 ext. 313
    www.ohlinsusa.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	61449
    Last edited by Big_Mike; 11-19-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

the parts kit is roughly $50 per shock, I have already been in talks with Jerry. They charge $250 to have them rebuilt. Local shop near me will fill them for $20. I can more than likely rebuild them myself.

ok, got the nitrogen out, got the bladder pushed down but didnt remove it yet. oil drained. How do I get the cap off the shock body to get the clip out to remove the whole piston assembly? tried wood and plastic and a hammer and it wont budge the cap. dont want to mess it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links