Works piggy back shocks oil change
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FerrinMotorsports

Thread: Works piggy back shocks oil change

Works piggy back shocks oil change

So I've had works shocks since the late 90's and I was wanting front shocks with a compression setting. I found a great deal on Ebay for a set of works piggyback shocks that needed seals. I already have a couple sets of seals for them. So I took them apart and found that instead of a bladder they have a piston. My concern is how do I fill these things with oil. Do I have to set the piston depth on them? If a anyone has experience with the procedure I'd be grateful.
    Braaaaaap!

I would call WORKS, they will explain it.

The owner of works died and from what I recall they are out of business..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Worx Shocks may be able to help

WORKS is still in business, the daughter took over. the basic process is the same for all shocks. release the nitrogen, disassemble shock, clean, replace seals, re-assemble. fill the shock with oil and SLOWLY work the piston up and down to get the air out of the shock, have the shock full extended to minimize adding air to the oil. Typically you fill the reservoir to the top, then install the piston or bladder so that the oil overflows which is ensuring that there is no space left for air. piggy back shocks from what I have seen have a piston, if there is a hose with remote reservoir, those have bladders. Watch some youtube vids on various shocks, they are all pretty much the same. Newer Ohlins seem more complicated with the extra parts but again, the basic process is the same.

Senior Member FerrinMotorsports's Avatar
    Works is indeed still in business...I just had them rebuild a pro no link shock for me two weeks ago....
    acecarlos likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links