Opinions on aftermarket frame?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Opinions on aftermarket frame?

Opinions on aftermarket frame?

Ok so I just gusseted my stock frame and it's at powder coat now. I was wondering if a good aftermarket frame would be worth it? I'm setting up my R to race hard cc. Without selling my quad to pay for it how much is an aftermarket frame? Would 1000 get me a decent one? What are good brands a d where do you even find them?

++I'm racing xc with it

arrens frame or nothing and you can find one for $1000 and under used..but imo nothing wrong with oem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Arens frame for 1000 or under ya wouldn’t hesitate if find that!
    i like how u put it though arens or nothing..
    RIDE WHATEVER IS NOT BROKEN!!

Options are that whatever you do find your options won’t be cheap, in my opinion!
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Most aftermarket frames are designed for long travel suspension. While you might be able to get a frame around the $1k price point, you would still need shocks, a-arms and swing arm.

If you are looking for more travel, then consider aftermarket. Otherwise I would suggest to run your reinforced frame and see how it holds up

Best regards
    -Jason

2ndMoto isn’t completely correct. The only time suspension geometry that really changes on an aftermarket is, if it’s a no-link or cr500 link. Secondly if the front is a narrow frame, but that doesn’t make it long travel. “Long travel” is kind of a gimmic word. As most set-ups will have ROUGHLY 10 inches of wheel travel whether it’s long travel or standard travel. What’s really changing is the shock length and the shock shaft length. But this is done with changing the position on the a-arm mount, not on the frame. I say save your money and run the frame you have until it can no longer be financially viable to repair. Your biggest hold back of a stock frame is the rear linkage. It’s progression rate is not very desirable. I’d recommend a no-link frame for XC. Not just for it’s ground clearance advance, but it has a fixed leverage ratio. Im running a stock frame with a custom linkage and swing arm next year.

Ok thanks for the tips! Any advice on where I can find an arons?

arrens frames arnt made anymore and imo are the strongest and oem actually fit unlike most other aftermarket frames.as the other guy said lt a arms and shocks are really only 1/2'' longer.it's just the angle and shock bodys that are different..st shocks are fine and i also disagree about the no link.oem rear suspancion works great.have a no link with a laydown shock isnt the best.and having the shock set-up 100% is inportant.

Cr500 linkage is a significant improvement over stock. Narrow front a modest improvement. I would only recommend either after you budget the best shocks available. No-links are a pain to mount the airbox.
    Laeger narrow, Protrax, cr500 link, 363
    Stock '88 frame, 265 pv and peps
    Another '88

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links