Opinions on aftermarket frame? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Opinions on aftermarket frame?

Quote Originally Posted by xx1993 View Post
    2ndMoto isnít completely correct. The only time suspension geometry that really changes on an aftermarket is, if itís a no-link or cr500 link. Secondly if the front is a narrow frame, but that doesnít make it long travel. ďLong travelĒ is kind of a gimmic word. As most set-ups will have ROUGHLY 10 inches of wheel travel whether itís long travel or standard travel. Whatís really changing is the shock length and the shock shaft length. But this is done with changing the position on the a-arm mount, not on the frame. I say save your money and run the frame you have until it can no longer be financially viable to repair. Your biggest hold back of a stock frame is the rear linkage. Itís progression rate is not very desirable. Iíd recommend a no-link frame for XC. Not just for itís ground clearance advance, but it has a fixed leverage ratio. Im running a stock frame with a custom linkage and swing arm next year.
    This is the best advise hands down . Stock frames work fine. i run one on my XC bike. Long Travel is a gimmick. and dont spend extra money on a cr500 link unless you want to be really serious about racing. No links are better than a standard 250r link and there are options to convert your stock frame to a no link. Check out ISF racing if you want to go no link.
    Last edited by Burns350R; 06-20-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    american opel likes this.
    (MX) TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link,Motowoz, Roll Design +4, RPM +4 axle, LED 363 +4 Stroker, 38 A/S carb,Rath Signature Series,CCP

(XC) TRX 370R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),No link rear, JD MGC +2 Arms, Motowoz shocks, RPM XC Axle, LED 370, 38 A/S carb, Rath Signature Series

Quote Originally Posted by rk88r View Post
    Cr500 linkage is a significant improvement over stock. Narrow front a modest improvement. I would only recommend either after you budget the best shocks available. No-links are a pain to mount the airbox.
    The reason narrow front is better is because of the reduction in bump steer. the pivot point of the a arm is nearly the same as the tie rod end. Narrow front end is just as significant of an improvement if you are a serious racer. Also i run a no link with a stock air box. Im not sure why everyone has so much issues.
    (MX) TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link,Motowoz, Roll Design +4, RPM +4 axle, LED 363 +4 Stroker, 38 A/S carb,Rath Signature Series,CCP

(XC) TRX 370R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),No link rear, JD MGC +2 Arms, Motowoz shocks, RPM XC Axle, LED 370, 38 A/S carb, Rath Signature Series

I think I'll try this stock gusseted frame and see how it holds!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links