I have an 89 and had the same problem recently. They are a huge pain to get out. I bought a blind bearing puller but that did not work even with a ton of heat, it kept slipping off and actually pulled out the needles but not the sleeve. I then tried to hammer them out with a socket on an extension and no luck, finally I pretty much had to chisel them out being careful not to damage the swingarm. Swingarm had some nicks which I cleaned up with a Dremel. Once I replaced them I covered them with Anti-seize. Good Luck, took me three nights to get them out. Go slow and be careful not to damage the swingarm.