Rebuilding White Power shocks will consume your time and maybe wallet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rebuilding White Power shocks will consume your time and maybe wallet?

Rebuilding White Power shocks will consume your time and maybe wallet?

A few weeks ago i purchased a pair of white power shocks for my TRX 250R they were awesome buy and awesome seller!
    Well after I received them I took spring off to have powder coated red and then off to have them disassembled and rebuilt! Now here is where the challenge starts, finding wiper seals. I called DeRisi Racing, Cycle Shed Racing, Baldwin Motorsports, Cycleworks Racing, C & D Racing, and MX Tech, and no one had ANYTHING and was told those are "too old and good luck finding anything that stuff is gone"!
    One of the shops did have one wiper seal and was going to buy but seller called me back and told me " I cant sell you that seal because owner has been looking for that wiper seal for months" which I'm ok with his shop his inventory. And Paul seller was very apologetic to matter but there was no need for apologies it was owners decision.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	514.1 KB 
ID:	33261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	614.1 KB 
ID:	33260At the same time my shock rebuilder was also looking for wiper seals and had to go to a shop where he buys o rings and guess what he found 4 wiper seals so he text me and sent me pics and just replied "buy them all".
    Now reason for me writing on this subject is just want many of you to know if you plan on rebuilding White Power Shocks you will be on phone spending a ton of time finding these parts and possibly big money as well. Im not saying there are no parts out there but you will have to dig.
    If these White Power Shocks seals did not have odd ball shaft sizes i think seal would be easy to find but they are not. Most shock shaft sizes are same size, and these White Power are not.
    And for some of you who are wondering there are better shocks out there, I agree, I have an Axis set in garage but only reason i'm rebuilding white power is because I think they are another thing that was cool on trx 250R back in the day, looked almost close to stock but with rezzies, and were better than stock but I will be giving these to a close friend of mine who is as not fortunate as I and was out there riding glamis with me back in the late 90's to present day>
    As I write this also my wife has been getting a kick when I say White Power and calling shops inquiring about White Power shocks all week! One receptionist from a shop listed above asked me if I was serious
    Big_Mike likes this.

I was able to find a few US dealers on the WP website. Might be a better place to start looking next time.

Best regards
    - Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndmoto View Post
    I was able to find a few US dealers on the WP website. Might be a better place to start looking next time.

Best regards
    - Jason
    i don't think WP has anything to do with White Power different companies?
    White Bros were distributors of White Power back in the day and when White Bros folded in 2007 they were bought out by Vance and Hines

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Give this guy a call, been a shock guru since the 1980's and can rebuild anything! it's worth making a phone call. His name is Jim from Pro Cycles in NY...(518) 373-0151
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    Give this guy a call, been a shock guru since the 1980's and can rebuild anything! it's worth making a phone call. His name is Jim from Pro Cycles in NY...(518) 373-0151
    Big Mike thks I have a shock mechanic here in Chandler Az he has rebuilt all suspensions for my 250R's. Guy does awesome job and he charges me very little and I mean very little. New bump stops, seals, o rings, oil and recharges shocks. Only issue I came up with these shocks was the odd ball shaft sizes that was hard to find a wiper seal for that shaft size. But everything that was needed has been found and hopefully ready next week and ready for Glamis in 6 weeks.

WP was the abbreviation I used, cause I'm lazy. Factory connection is a white power dealer. Should be able to get parts from them.

Best regards
    - Jason

My mistake, I guess I did look up WP and not white power. I do believe they are the same company and the name was changed because "White Power" really isn't politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by aztecgwynn View Post
    A few weeks ago i purchased a pair of white power shocks for my TRX 250R they were awesome buy and awesome seller!
    Well after I received them I took spring off to have powder coated red and then off to have them disassembled and rebuilt! Now here is where the challenge starts, finding wiper seals. I called DeRisi Racing, Cycle Shed Racing, Baldwin Motorsports, Cycleworks Racing, C & D Racing, and MX Tech, and no one had ANYTHING and was told those are "too old and good luck finding anything that stuff is gone"!
    One of the shops did have one wiper seal and was going to buy but seller called me back and told me " I cant sell you that seal because owner has been looking for that wiper seal for months" which I'm ok with his shop his inventory. And Paul seller was very apologetic to matter but there was no need for apologies it was owners decision.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	514.1 KB 
ID:	33261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	614.1 KB 
ID:	33260At the same time my shock rebuilder was also looking for wiper seals and had to go to a shop where he buys o rings and guess what he found 4 wiper seals so he text me and sent me pics and just replied "buy them all".
    Now reason for me writing on this subject is just want many of you to know if you plan on rebuilding White Power Shocks you will be on phone spending a ton of time finding these parts and possibly big money as well. Im not saying there are no parts out there but you will have to dig.
    If these White Power Shocks seals did not have odd ball shaft sizes i think seal would be easy to find but they are not. Most shock shaft sizes are same size, and these White Power are not.
    And for some of you who are wondering there are better shocks out there, I agree, I have an Axis set in garage but only reason i'm rebuilding white power is because I think they are another thing that was cool on trx 250R back in the day, looked almost close to stock but with rezzies, and were better than stock but I will be giving these to a close friend of mine who is as not fortunate as I and was out there riding glamis with me back in the late 90's to present day>
    As I write this also my wife has been getting a kick when I say White Power and calling shops inquiring about White Power shocks all week! One receptionist from a shop listed above asked me if I was serious
    BDT has been rebuilding shocks for years Mike, we even have a dedicated 'shock' room... we don't promote that part of our business much since we are always extremly busy. If parts is an issue, even "wiper seals"...we make our own when the parts are not available...just another option.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    BDT has been rebuilding shocks for years Mike, we even have a dedicated 'shock' room... we don't promote that part of our business much since we are always extremly busy. If parts is an issue, even "wiper seals"...we make our own when the parts are not available...just another option.

Carlos
    Carlos thanks for letting me know!
    Now I know to call you for parts like this!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndmoto View Post
    My mistake, I guess I did look up WP and not white power. I do believe they are the same company and the name was changed because "White Power" really isn't politically correct.

WP is definitely still in business. In fact they own much of KTM.
    Might as well smoke... SMOKE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links