Lonestar DC2 vs DC4 no link swingarm

Lonestar DC2 vs DC4 no link swingarm

Anyone have pics of the differences in these? I always thought the DC2 had the lower shock mount around the same location as the stock swingarms linkage mount, while the DC4 lower shock mount was more towards the middle and bottom of the swingarm.

I ordered a DC4 no link swingarm from Lonestar yesterday and while talking to the guy on the phone, he said the DC2 vs DC4 lower shock mounts were only about a 1/8" or so different from one another. Didn't think much of it while I was still on the phone, as I was told the DC4 would be the better setup for desert racing so that is what I ordered. Now that I have had more time to think about it, I thought the lower mounts were alot further off then just an 1/8", just wondering if Lonestar redesigned the DC2 from what I thought it was and maybe that would be better for my setup. Figured I would call Lonestar back on Monday also and get a little more info from them, but in the meantime, just wanted to see what everyone knows about Lonestar no link swingarms.

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

Spoke to Lonestar today, figured I would add what I found out in case anyone ever needs info in the future. I misunderstood the 1/8" part, there is only a 1/8" difference between the recommended lengths of shock for each swingarm. Basically, on both swingarms, the lower shock mount is at the bottom of the swingarm, but the DC4 is a little lower. The DC2 lower mount is closer to the axle, while the DC4 mount is closer to the frame. The DC4 was designed to be used on hybrids, where more airbox clearance was needed. I still went with the DC4, since I was told to use it by a suspension guy I trust and figure a more upright shock is always a good thing.

Doug

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

Are you using a stock frame or no-link frame? I've been wanting to convert to a no-link but I'm just too tight. I was checking out the KOQ racing one. It is similar to a roll lobo swingarm and can be used with a stock frame. They are only 399.
    88 TRX250R, ESR 330PV with TRX7 porting, ESR TRX5 std. mount pipe, CR reeds with 38mm Mikuni TMX, Roll Lobo II front end, OEM swingarm, Motowoz front shocks, Elka rear shock, PRECISION Stabilizer, Lsr axle.

06 TRX450ER, Duncan 470 national kit, Roll Design A-arms, Motowoz shocks front and rear, Houser XC rear linkage, CCP stabilizer, IMS-Roll Pegs and heal guards, Rpm axle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Using a no-link frame. Along with that swingarm, I also ordered a new no link frame to go with it, along with some other stuff. I spent way to much money with Lonestar last Friday! Should have everything in a few weeks. Once I do, plan on starting a build thread. Finally going to build the 250R I have always wanted!

Doug

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

Any chance on knowing what the extended and compressed shock lengths are for the DC2?

Edit, I see he bought the DC4. NM
    (MX) TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link,Motowoz, Roll Design +4, RPM +4 axle, LED 363 +4 Stroker, 38 A/S carb,Rath Signature Series,CCP

(XC) TRX 370R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),No link rear, JD MGC +2 Arms, Motowoz shocks, RPM XC Axle, LED 370, 38 A/S carb, Rath Signature Series

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links