Half throttle bogging??

Half throttle bogging??

1986 trx250r
    Bike has never idled right since I’ve had it, but has always started easily. Recently it has started having some issues. As long as I keep it below half throttle it will run but as soon I push it past it Boggs down and if I continue to push it, it will stall. Also noticed that when the fuel switch is set to “on” gas will stop flowing but on reserve it’s fine. Put a new spark plug in, gapped to .020, new spark plug cap and coil. Also seems to be smoking a lot when first started so I leaned the fuel out to 40:1 and it seemed to help a little. Once it’s ran for awhile, if I let it stall out it won’t start again for awhile. Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    1986 250r
    -cool head
    -FMF fatty
    -+2 a-arms
    -+2 swing arm
    -+2 axle
    -Renthal handle bars

Also removed to gas petcock to make sure it wasn’t obstructed and emptied and cleaned the tank.
    1986 250r
    -cool head
    -FMF fatty
    -+2 a-arms
    -+2 swing arm
    -+2 axle
    -Renthal handle bars

going from 32-1 to 40-1 is actually making it richer not leaner.if it was running fine and now seems like it's running rich it sounds like your reeds are shot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Reeds are in perfect shape, Cleaned coil ground, checked carb all jets are clean and clear. Not to familiar with the jets but my main is 170 pilot is 48 could that be a problem?
    1986 250r
    -cool head
    -FMF fatty
    -+2 a-arms
    -+2 swing arm
    -+2 axle
    -Renthal handle bars

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links