just getting the front end done
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: just getting the front end done

just getting the front end done

had this quad for about 6 months and been working on it since. i will have pictures of the front end tomorrow. but i did all the powder coating myself and right now am having LED do the motor and will have pictures of that in a few weeks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037 (1).JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	61985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0036 (1).JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	61987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0122.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	61989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0042.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	61991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191110_122943_030.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	61993 just some crappy photos of it, but the clutch cover is the general scheme of the motor. and the far away one is from the one time o got to ride it. but like i said i will have pictures of it currently tomorrow. i just have to put it back together.
    american opel likes this.

Looking good... Is that winchester?

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
    Looking good... Is that winchester?
    how in Gods green earth did you guess that. it is winchester and this was he first and only time ive gotten to ride this thing because well i kind of broke the clutch case but one stop shop down in reeds port had an extra one. im guessing you are around here if you guessed that. but that was the day before the second foot surgery that iv'e had. (the surgery did nothing).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evaneyeball View Post
    how in Gods green earth did you guess that. it is winchester and this was he first and only time ive gotten to ride this thing because well i kind of broke the clutch case but one stop shop down in reeds port had an extra one. im guessing you are around here if you guessed that. but that was the day before the second foot surgery that iv'e had. (the surgery did nothing).
    my wife went through with her foot same thing. hope you don't have many crappy days with that foot slowing you down in life.

Yes I'm from Oregon & have been riding our dunes since 1985. I got my 86 TRX in 1988 when I was 13 & still have the same R today. We have an annual West coast 250R meet at Winchester in August, you should check it out. You can find the info for it on the other 250R site.
    douglas likes this.

Yeah Mr. Eyeball! We know those dunes from years of riding them. I personally have been riding them for 20 years. You should definitely come to the 250R gathering in August.
    Loren
    evaneyeball and douglas like this.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

ok that makes sense all the people that actually know about 250r's are all from the oregon dunes. ive only been there twice but can remember every dune there. yeah that was the day before my surgery and i crashed it and ran over my feet almost breaking both my legs. didnt though. and i put a hole in the case the day before. but got it all sorted out a few weeks later and went to change the oil in it and broke the crank case.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200103_182617 (1).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	61999 you cant really see it in the picture but its just left of the oil drip. took my whole motor apart and rebuilding it. should be getting my cases back in a couple weeks and then i will powder coat them and have the whole motor put back together.

There are people that powder coat cases & have been successful at it but Honda recommends not heating the cases to above 220 degrees or somewhere close to that & most pc ovens bake parts around 400 degrees. Personally the only coating I'd put on an R engine or any other bike engine for that matter is paint.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
    There are people that powder coat cases & have been successful at it but Honda recommends not heating the cases to above 220 degrees or somewhere close to that & most pc ovens bake parts around 400 degrees. Personally the only coating I'd put on an R engine or any other bike engine for that matter is paint.
    the powder i use can be put on around 200 degrees but i will go further than that just to be sure and ive done several cases before and theye all turned out fine but thank you for the advice

the powder i use can be put on around 200 degrees but i will go further than that just to be sure and ive done several cases before and theye all turned out fine but thank you for the advice
    Unless you meant 200C (Note the "C" for Celsius), their are NO PC that can be "put on around" 200F, 98% of PC is applied at 370F-390F, or close to 195-200C.

Carlos
    matuus likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links