just getting the front end done - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: just getting the front end done

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Unless you meant 200C (Note the "C" for Celsius), their are NO PC that can be "put on around" 200F, 98% of PC is applied at 370F-390F, or close to 195-200C.

Carlos
    i do all my powder coating on my own in my shop and i have put on and had it flow out correctly on plastic and cases at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. but of course you wouldn't know what flow out means.

Quote Originally Posted by evaneyeball View Post
    i do all my powder coating on my own in my shop and i have put on and had it flow out correctly on plastic and cases at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. but of course you wouldn't know what flow out means.
    OK...so now the correct terminology is "flow out", I get what you are saying. Big difference between "put on" and "flow out".

Not a Powder Coat expoert, however; I know You can apply with parts pre-heated at 200F or lower, however; you can't cure at 200F....you need to cure at the Higher Temperatures as stated. Point being at those Temperatures, the Temper is ruined, and you end up with soft Cases whose Bores easily enlarge...."but of course you wouldn't know" anything about Metallurgy.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 02-11-2020 at 04:26 PM.
    matuus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    OK...so now the correct terminology is "flow out", I get what you are saying. Big difference between "put on" and "flow out".

Not a Powder Coat expoert, however; I know You can apply with parts pre-heated at 200F or lower, however; you can't cure at 200F....you need to cure at the Higher Temperatures as stated. Point being at those Temperatures, the Temper is ruined, and you end up with soft Cases whose Bores easily enlarge...."but of course you wouldn't know" anything about Metallurgy.

Carlos
    200 degrees does not ruin the temper as far as i know. you might be right on that one. but cylinders are fine because the average running temp is a little below that. and i was just making it simpler for the people that might not know about how powder coating. and you can get a correct cure at 200 degrees. because you put the powder on in... well powder form and it only takes about 180 degrees Fahrenheit but i use 200 just to make it a little bit quicker on these soft metals. and the powder turns into a gel which then is your cure and you generally leave it in there for 20 minutes at 400 degrees and then take it out but you can just take it out just then. and im doing a chrome powder first then a anodized red which the chrome powder is only left in the oven until 3 minutes after the "flow out" but after doing it at the lower temprature i have found that leaving it in there for 6 minutes is better. then the anodized red powder will be applied when the case is still hot or you can do the exact same thing as you did with the chrome.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

never powder cilinder. all say that.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evaneyeball View Post
    200 degrees does not ruin the temper as far as i know. you might be right on that one. but cylinders are fine because the average running temp is a little below that. and i was just making it simpler for the people that might not know about how powder coating. and you can get a correct cure at 200 degrees. because you put the powder on in... well powder form and it only takes about 180 degrees Fahrenheit but i use 200 just to make it a little bit quicker on these soft metals. and the powder turns into a gel which then is your cure and you generally leave it in there for 20 minutes at 400 degrees and then take it out but you can just take it out just then. and im doing a chrome powder first then a anodized red which the chrome powder is only left in the oven until 3 minutes after the "flow out" but after doing it at the lower temprature i have found that leaving it in there for 6 minutes is better. then the anodized red powder will be applied when the case is still hot or you can do the exact same thing as you did with the chrome.
    i powdercoat and it will flow out at 200degf but doesn't cure at that low of a temp.PERIOD!!!
    acecarlos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    i powdercoat and it will flow out at 200degf but doesn't cure at that low of a temp.PERIOD!!!
    Agreed...!

I have seen AO's PC work; it looks & functions Great...!

Carlos
    american opel likes this.

and people worrie about 200deg.hell they can get to 260deg running.air cooled get 360deg.my rancher oil cooler fan doesnt turn on till 360 deg.

I've heard bdt engines run hot so it makes sense your engine gets up to 260 degree's.
    The Norm likes this.

this hot. haha.

bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    american opel likes this.

or this hot. haha

bdt261 oem