My '87 Trx maintenance and mods. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My '87 Trx maintenance and mods.

The clutch baskett is grooved, will buy an anodized one.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Looking great so far!! Keep up the updates

while you got it all apart, probably give the frame a good review too. the kickstarter side front motor mount on the frame needs to crack, rear seat mount, where the swingarm bolt goes through on both sides, and the area up by where the steering stem mounts.
    88 x 2, 89, and LSR TRX250R's, 2x 88 blasters, 2x 85 350x's, 87/85 TRX350XR hybrid, 88 zilla, 92/87 Hybrid LT250/500R, 92CR250, 2014 DRR70, 2010 APEX RM85 Shifter Hybrid

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by atvmxr View Post
    while you got it all apart, probably give the frame a good review too. the kickstarter side front motor mount on the frame needs to crack, rear seat mount, where the swingarm bolt goes through on both sides, and the area up by where the steering stem mounts.
    Yup, im pondering about a gusset kit. I didnt wanted to modify it the first season....But here we go again... ;-)

Looking good Glorfindel....!

On the Basket, while it has groves, it can be filed flat & smooth and used a few more years; no need for a billet basket yet.

Don't worry about getting grease into the Caliper. Soak in Kerosene overnight and all the grease or hydraulic oil will dissolve. Also; this is an old trick used extensively by Brake re-builders since day one without issues.

Frames only need gussets if heavily used, abused or cracked...I would not gusset unless needed.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Looking good Glorfindel....!

On the Basket, while it has groves, it can be filed flat & smooth and used a few more years; no need for a billet basket yet.

Don't worry about getting grease into the Caliper. Soak in Kerosene overnight and all the grease or hydraulic oil will dissolve. Also; this is an old trick used extensively by Brake re-builders since day one without issues.

Frames only need gussets if heavily used, abused or cracked...I would not gusset unless needed.

Carlos
    Ok, thx, i'll try to get rid of the groves.

The frame dont have cracks so far, i will do a better inspection soon. It will not be abused since it will be used in trails, so thx again for the info, that will save me some $$$.

Still waiting for my fitting to remove the pistons from the calipers.

Next step is remove the engine and split cases! Will have to order the puller.

Thx again!!!

Last edited by Glorfindel; 12-03-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    american opel and acecarlos like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links