finally done with my 86 Honda TRX 250R junk yard dog
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By aztecgwynn
  • 1 Post By Big_Mike

Thread: finally done with my 86 Honda TRX 250R junk yard dog

finally done with my 86 Honda TRX 250R junk yard dog

After years of buying bikes and just sitting on parts I never sold . I finally decided to put together a 1986 Honda TRX 250R my cousin left me with when he was transferred to DC!!
    So my cousin left me rolling chassis bottom end in pieces and front fender; no harness, no gold wheels with stock tires, no seat , no rear fender, no pipe let alone bike or parts it had in good condition!
    ENGINE
    After going thru what I had and what I could use came up with good bottom end that I put new bearings, seals, and crank and gaskets in. I had an 88-89 TRX cylinder and head standard bore v force 3 reeds I had as well, and I had laving around an FMF SST pipe I am using, also had laying around a CR500 38MM carb for it but no cable. Thanks College Honda in Ann Arbor Michigan for having OEM cable in stock.
    CHASSIS
    Used a set or rebuilt works fronts I had polished. powder coated, rear shock was from my 88 I never used but had rebuilt as well, I had a +4 dura blue axle I had sitting around as well, Roll design pegs as well 86-87 plus had all OEM wheels and tires in mint condition.
    I also used a spare harness from an 88 Trx I had along with a 87 Trx key switch I added and used a blue Clarke tank and an OEM blue seat. I wanted red but had to use blue. Also aftermarket rear carrier was sold to make way for a rebuilt 89 carrier I had as well and added new honda bearings and seals too it.
    86 Honda now has an OEM rear fender I had laying around with Maier fronts on it but I wish I had red seat and tank, and of Couse I had to use my 89 front hood with headlight; I just can't get away from using those hoods they are so sweet.
    But in a few weeks it will be going to Jerry Hall to be tuned and will then be parked at my parents house so my cousin can use or I can use if I decide not too load and drive truck to glamis.
    My budget was met what I wanted to spend at $350 just on miscellaneous parts but I know Jerry will get me at dyno session and thats ok!
    And this will be my last build doing these builds close to OEM as possible for me it just feels like a slow death too me. Waiting for small parts looking for discontinued new OEM parts, looking for used rebuildable parts these projects sit in corner and hope you don't lose anything!!
    But here she isClick image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	59831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_12f.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	59833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0896.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	59835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_131.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	59837
    Last edited by aztecgwynn; 11-04-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Big_Mike and Sainato.matt like this.

It’s beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely incredible! Do those tires hook as good I hear they do?
    Sainato.matt likes this.
    1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    Absolutely incredible! Do those tires hook as good I hear they do?

BIGMIKE, DO YOU WANT THE OEM GOLD SWING ARM YOU WANTED BACK IN JANUARY, YOU'VE FORGOT 3 TIMES NOW, DO YOU WANT IT, IVE BEEN HOLDING ONTO IT FOR YOU AND BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU. ALL I NEED IS YOUR ADDRESS AND MONEY, ITS IN A BOX WAITING. THANK YOU.
    Sorry to hi jack..... Continue.... LOL
    86 253cc, 40pwk, CT OOF pipe.
    99 583 Formula Z
    74 340 TnT- in progress/restoration
    Owner, hellabrokeNH- coming soon.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links