New to the forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to the forums

New to the forums

I’m new to the forums here but I’ve always been obsessed with the 250r. I’m 22 years old now I’m born & raised in Central Pennsylvania, I remember being 9 years old begging my parents to rent the Huevos movies from the video store. Age 15 I got a 1987 TRX250R. I blew the top end on it due to the previous owner using high temp silicone gasket sealer between the reed valve & the face of the cylinder. Came to find out it was a 292 big bore sleeper cylinder and it would need to be resleeved as it was on the last bore. Age 16 I worked all summer long laborering for a carpet company saving every little penny I made to buy me an ESR 310, 38mm Keihin Air Stryker, temp gauge, aluminum radiator some shrouds. Abandoned the project for several years due to working 7 days a week for several years and building several other bikes in the process like my CR250. Fast forward to now. I’m getting the final pieces together to complete this project. I just bough a hub for my DuraBlue X33, this week I’m gonna purchase a bushing kit for the linkage and swing arm bearing kit, rotor guard and the bike will be ready to slap back together.
    Big_Mike likes this.

Welcome aboard! That's a great story. Glad to see your enthusiasm. Good luck on the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Red View Post
    Welcome aboard! That's a great story. Glad to see your enthusiasm. Good luck on the reboot.
    Thank you I’m so excited to finally get this machine running! I remember I used to search the web a lot researching as a teen, I was curious if a user that goes by Pumashine still sells gusset kits? I checked the site looks to be good to go, I was wanting to purchase a gusset kit & a 15T sprocket gaurd, I don’t really need a full gusset kit as I just need the tabs for the radiator shrouds. I’m just debating on making my own shroud tabs for my 87’ or stripping the rest of the bike down, welding in the gussets and powdering the whole frame

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Pumashine is still around. Good guy and quality products.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Red View Post
    Pumashine is still around. Good guy and quality products.
    Thanks! Great to know I’ll have to place me an order

Welcome to the forums.

Hello, I think we all blew our R's at 15yrs ol'. LOL

I couldn't bend my DuraBlue HD, back 20 yrs ago. And I tried. Never had a X33.
    Running Dominator on Dirt Drag R, gonna try stocker on the TRX600XLR pavement Drag R.

Enjoy the Forum. TrailBurner
    86 253cc, 40pwk, CT OOF pipe.
    99 583 Formula Z
    74 340 TnT- in progress/restoration
    Owner, hellabrokeNH- coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailBurner View Post
    Hello, I think we all blew our R's at 15yrs ol'. LOL

I couldn't bend my DuraBlue HD, back 20 yrs ago. And I tried. Never had a X33.
    Running Dominator on Dirt Drag R, gonna try stocker on the TRX600XLR pavement Drag R.

Enjoy the Forum. TrailBurner
    Thanks man, the R had the X33 on it when I bought it the hub it was already bad from the torq not being tightened to spec, I see they’re not cheap new I figured I’d throw a new hub on it and run it. Luckily I had a spare OEM 400EX rear axle & hubs at the house to throw on it when I bought it. TRX600XLR?? Sounds like a fun bike I’ve got a 1989 XR600RR dual carbed in storage

Quote Originally Posted by etccb View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Thank you!

How do I contact Pumashine I’m trying to purchase a 15T sprocket gaurd, says out of stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links