NooB: 1988 250R Fourtrax
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lom74
  • 3 Post By sameltoe

Thread: NooB: 1988 250R Fourtrax

NooB: 1988 250R Fourtrax

Hello All. I just recently purchased a 1988 Honda 250R Fourtrax because I think I'm regressing to my child hood (15-18) at age 40+ lol. I've always had 4-stroke quads 250X, 300EX, 400EX. Neighbors had 250R ATC and Tecate 250. They always smoked me. Loved that 2-stroke smell and sound. SO...I ended up buying the '88 250R fourtrax. With that being said, I would like to start changing little things (worn or outdated) like clutch/brake lever assembly, twist throttle and possibly handle bars. I am looking at a Motion Pro CR Competition Twist Throttle Kit and a Streamline Reflex Pro Clutch and Brake Lever Kit for starters. Does anyone have suggestions or used either of the product or have any advice for one product manufacturer over another. Thanks...
    american opel likes this.

imo stick with thumb throttle...i have had good luck with asv leveral

Welcome aboard post some pics!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

if you are going twist, might as well go ahead and get the quick twist option to get the suspense over with
    88 x 3 TRX250R's, couple 88 blasters, couple 85 350x's, 87/85 TRX350XR hybrid, 88 zilla, 92/87 Hybrid LT250/500R, & JP Racing Outlaw chassis w/ LT500R HRD motor

...if you are going twist, might as well go ahead and get the quick twist option to get the suspense over with... to be clear, you mean the quick turn throttle system? and what do you mean by suspense? Thanks

Is there a reason you don't like a twist throttle for a quad? Thanks

Bikes don't really turn using the bars so your wrists are never really out of position. When your hill climbing or hitting a burm I'd always rev the shit out of it accidentally. My banshee came with a twist. I hated it, but gave it a shot.
    Xc Arens, Arsfx, ISF, Axis, ESR/BHP 363
    Duner Arens, LSR, Axis ESR/BHP 363
    Beware of the "big dog"

When I had a twist on my banshee over and over I thought I was good with it. And then something sketchy would happen and somehow I’d pure panic rev. I thought o was fine because I right bikes a lot more but it’s not the same. Stick with thumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Orrible arm pump for me with all thumb throttles and for some reason none of the drawbacks others have described with a twist. The only time I can stand thumbs is on slow utility quads where body position doesn't matter.
    Might as well smoke... SMOKE!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links