counter balance holder
    Junior Member Wesleydwick@gmail.com's Avatar

counter balance holder

hey guys, i need some help. i have two questions, first i found one of the long bolts on my counter balance holder is broken off in the case. i tried to extract it out and broke off the tip of the extractor in the bolt. then i drilled it out as best as i could and all i have now is a hole as big as the dull. my question is, will just the two bolts be ok for the counter holder? with the new O-ring and the other two bolts it feels solid. i know its not the correct way and could have problems but is anyone else riding with 2 out of three bolts holding theirs in? im running out of money on this build and wanna get this bike ready for thanksgiving and just ride! my second question is i cleaned my cases with a wire brush and accidentally put little groves in the case. very very small. what tube of sealer can i apply on both sides of a new oem case gasket to seal good? i wanna fill in all the scratches and dings. i know a made rookie mistakes but im leaning and need your guys help. thank you very much

No on running 2 bolts, band aids and cutting corners only cost you more money and cost you ride time.

Three Bond 1211 is a great gasket sealer.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hey guys, i need some help. i have two questions, first i found one of the long bolts on my counter balance holder is broken off in the case. i tried to extract it out and broke off the tip of the extractor in the bolt. then i drilled it out as best as i could and all i have now is a hole as big as the dull. my question is, will just the two bolts be ok for the counter holder? with the new O-ring and the other two bolts it feels solid. i know its not the correct way and could have problems but is anyone else riding with 2 out of three bolts holding theirs in? im running out of money on this build and wanna get this bike ready for thanksgiving and just ride! my second question is i cleaned my cases with a wire brush and accidentally put little groves in the case. very very small. what tube of sealer can i apply on both sides of a new oem case gasket to seal good? i wanna fill in all the scratches and dings. i know a made rookie mistakes but im leaning and need your guys help. thank you very much
    As stated; never a good idea to cut corners, I am not one to advocate for anything other than a correct fix. Therefore install a Helicoil, or threaded insert, TimeCert, ect...your local auto parts shop should have what you need.

As far "sealer" goes, if funds are tight, use the less expensive Silicone High Temp sealers, again available at your cal auto stores.

Carlos

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links