Esr370 pv is using my 38air striker ok only xc racing
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By american opel

Thread: Esr370 pv is using my 38air striker ok only xc racing

Esr370 pv is using my 38air striker ok only xc racing

So I bought a engine because my old cases got trashed last season. Was listed as a 330 PC got it home started taking it apart to replace bearings etc. To get it ready for my next race season, and this is a 370 pv with a 4mil crank. My question is you guys think I should get a bigger carb. Running a kehin 38 pwk with my old engine. I race xc. And alot of trail riding. Also I know how to jet just not sure if 38 is big enough for this engine.
    Braaaaaap!

Also I run air box uni filter with a mesh cover
    Braaaaaap!

38 will choke the top, but should be a good setup for xc. Help response and low end

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

That's what I was thinking thanks man.
    Braaaaaap!

agree.38mm will be fine.
    matuus likes this.

38 is good. if u can toss the airbox.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bulltrx250r View Post
    So I bought a engine because my old cases got trashed last season. Was listed as a 330 PC got it home started taking it apart to replace bearings etc. To get it ready for my next race season, and this is a 370 pv with a 4mil crank. My question is you guys think I should get a bigger carb. Running a kehin 38 pwk with my old engine. I race xc. And alot of trail riding. Also I know how to jet just not sure if 38 is big enough for this engine.
    If keeping your air-box, even without a lid, or a screen in place; the 38MM is perfect, and will not "choke the top"...the OEM airbox & filter is very restrictive, and will "choke" flow enough to prevent any carburetor above 36MM working as efficiently as possible.

Use a 38MM or if looking for killer low end response, stick to a 36MM even on a 370CC 250R.

Carlos

I run a 38mm on my 370 non stroker. It makes plenty of power for the woods, and honestly doesnt seem to mind it at WOT either. Im not saying it wouldnt make more peak hp with a 40.5, but thats not really what you want in an XC bike. I also want to add that im running a stock box with a uni filter and no lid. I do run a furnace air filter on top of the airbox.
    (MX) TRX 363R 02- Laeger Narrow Frame/CR500 Link,Motowoz, Roll Design +4, RPM +4 axle, LED 363 +4 Stroker, 38 A/S carb,Rath Signature Series,CCP

(XC) TRX 370R 86- Stock frame(gusseted),No link rear, JD MGC +2 Arms, Motowoz shocks, RPM XC Axle, LED 370, 38 A/S carb, Rath Signature Series

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links