Honda TRX250R Forums banner

Aftermarket Front Shocks??

9K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  moonboy274 
#1 ·
I have been looking for some affordable aftermarket front shocks to replace the oem shocks on a 1986 250r. I have standard a arms and no spacers. Does anyone have an idea of affordable front shocks that would be an improvement over the stock shocks. I have looked at elka, axis, fox. Those are a bit more than I want to pay. Would I be better off saving up my money for one of those? The riding I do is not mx or hard riding, pretty much trails , wheelies, and small jumps nothing major. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. By the way this site is BadAss.

thanks

#2 ·
I ride with axis and I really like them,I’ve picked up a couple of pairs in the $300-350 range that needed rebuild which runs around $250-300 additional..so for around $600 all in you can get a very nice set up..I’ve also picked up used works performance in the $200 range that needed rebuild,the rebuild ran me $250 from jocaga suspension out of AZ..

#7 ·
I have been told not to buy used shocks because you do not know what your getting ..... I understand the rebuilding them part but to give $200 - $300 dollars for a shock that is not ready to bolt on and ride seems messed up to me. ( my own opinion )

#8 ·
These shocks that are selling for $3-350 needing rebuild sell for over $2000+tax new..when jocaga suspension rebuilds a shock he cleans all aluminum parts,recoat the springs and puts new factory stickers.They look like new and are less than half the cost and are set up for your exact weight,riding style etc..Take that into consideration...most guys on here will agree buying used shocks and just running them are a crap shoot..https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Axi...-Suzuki-LT-R450-LTR-450-LTR-450-/362248600049

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.