Building 330r PV. Need help with a couple of details - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Building 330r PV. Need help with a couple of details

Quote Originally Posted by etccb View Post
    cr250. Either an 01 or the new 02 up kits. If you plan on keeping it a while remember that with the 01 you will have more trouble getting new oem components to keep it going as far as future maintainance-parts repalcement vs the 02 and up kits. New oem 01 cdi's will not exist at all in the not so distant future. Just something to think about.
    yes but with the reliability of oem most got 25 years from the stock trx 250r ignition if I can get half of that Im really not worried

ill take my chances on a 01 cr250r just for the preferred timing curve and lack of time of testing on the trx along with extra components to fail that the +02 have at this time

the 01 has been time tested and proven to be very bullet proof along with proven performance gains
    Last edited by DnB_racing; 09-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.

The motor is at the builders shop. Thank you for the input. I will go with the 2001 CR250 ignition system. I have been looking on eBay and did not see one. Where can I get one? Also looking for the Hinson case mod w/quick change cover. Should have my wheels in the dirt soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by DnB_racing View Post
    yes but with the reliability of oem most got 25 years from the stock trx 250r ignition if I can get half of that Im really not worried

ill take my chances on a 01 cr250r just for the preferred timing curve and lack of time of testing on the trx along with extra components to fail that the +02 have at this time

the 01 has been time tested and proven to be very bullet proof along with proven performance gains
    X2....well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuko View Post
    The motor is at the builders shop. Thank you for the input. I will go with the 2001 CR250 ignition system. I have been looking on eBay and did not see one. Where can I get one? Also looking for the Hinson case mod w/quick change cover. Should have my wheels in the dirt soon!!
    Look around on eBay, or post in the wanted section, they come up used once In a while or a member may have one for sale. The 2002 to 2007 CR250R IGN is still in testing for use on the 250R.

Carlos

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Ok. At the point of jetting. ESR paired me with a 38 mm carb for my type of ridding. Carb came with a few different jets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links