another big bore 330 bit's the dust!!!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: another big bore 330 bit's the dust!!!

another big bore 330 bit's the dust!!!

at first i thought my son's 330 leaned out and siezed.i just got it apart and now it look's like the rod bearring went out on it.the rod deff. got hot!i'm not sure why because it was tight acouple of week's ago when i had it apart.

the second pic. is the rod when i checked it out.the side shim's were great.now the one side is GONE!!

this really suck's because he loved the power of the bb.look's like it's back to the old motor.BOOOOOOOOO!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb plug 012.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	20873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	330 motor 004.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	20874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb blew up 007.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	20875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb blew up 008.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	20876  

here is the video of it blowing up.

look at the bright side at least it didn't grenade and ruin the cases
    american opel and HondaNut like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

yeah.i wonder why the crank went though?i was really hopeing to get the season out of this motor"i guess i was wrong LOL".the good thing is he wasn't mad.last week the wire going to the coil came un plugged.he was mad as hell.that was an easy fix but "it was still my falt".this time he knew there wasn't anything i could have done and he know's how much money it's going to cost so he was REAL nice about it.

now the only thing he isn't happy with is he can't make the inside tripple with the old motor.

Quote Originally Posted by american opel View Post
    yeah.i wonder why the crank went though?i was really hopeing to get the season out of this motor"i guess i was wrong LOL".the good thing is he wasn't mad.last week the wire going to the coil came un plugged.he was mad as hell.that was an easy fix but "it was still my falt".this time he knew there wasn't anything i could have done and he know's how much money it's going to cost so he was REAL nice about it.

now the only thing he isn't happy with is he can't make the inside tripple with the old motor.
    lol ya but im sure he still thinks its your fault... your supposed to know every thing and be able to predict everything ...mines the same way... my son in the past would blame me when he crashed...lol
    american opel likes this.

sky
    Same situation happened to my "backup" Banshee in Lil Sahara, blew out a thrust washer(crank rod spacer?) blew out the lower wrist bearing and made my piston/crank look just like yours. Now looking to having the motor rebuilt. Looking into Redline. Heard he is great with Banshee motors.

I hate to see your boy loose the rest of the race season. He was improving so much. Back to the old motor is gonna kill him, but better than nothing.
    Good luck!

This is the engine you just purchased for your son correct? As you well know, when purchasing a used engine or cylinder kit, you really never know what you are getting. Could have been the bottom end was bad already, or the top end was and was stressing to crankshaft....

I responded to your PM, let me know how we can help....

Carlos

I have a couple of questions,, is your son a good kid? does he get good grades in school? and does he go to school regularly without having to push him out the door? 3 simple answers please......
    LaDean and american opel like this.
    HAD A NICE SIGNATURE ONCE...........................

At least your son has a back up motor, and a good father.
    sky, 88RGuy and american opel like this.
    5mil 370r, trx 470r, aggressive cam, high compression piston
    soon to be spare motor : 4mil worked over top end by "BDT".

OH YEAH!!! for question 1-3.help's me at work when i need it,never wake's up late for school,never get's in trouble in school,clean's his room without asking,etc.i have no complant's AT ALL!!that's the only reason that i'm going in dept to keep him going....Now is he a teenager?Yes,does he give me greef sometime's?YEP.does he go to football practice everyday at 7am all year long?yep.i have it good,and enjoy every minute of it!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KASEY View Post
    I have a couple of questions,, is your son a good kid? does he get good grades in school? and does he go to school regularly without having to push him out the door? 3 simple answers please......
    hondar_r, KASEY, sky and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links