PlanetSand Fastest On The Planet April 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th 2013 - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: PlanetSand Fastest On The Planet April 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th 2013

^^^very strong runner

"OK"...let's take this discussion into an area that should interest everyone...

You will agree Drag Racing is dead, and honestly that is why I won't build a BDTM Drag ride, just not enough interest or competition (not to take away from anyones accomplishments), I would be all over it if the entiies in Single Cylinder Classes showed more than 6 for Planet Sand's premier events or for any major ATV drag race. I got the 6 entires by looking at the last two years of Planet Sand entries for all single Cylinder classes, if I recall correctly; this was 6 entries for each Single Cylinder class, however; all belonging to 3-4 teams. Not what I would call a competitive atmosphere.

Drag ATV racing needs an infusion, or more like a major transfusion, it's not working in it's current format. The Drag patient will be completely Dead in 12 to 36 months. How do we fix this (honest question)?

PS: ATV FAN 28: Yup, I believe that is the ride, and yes, a strong runner!

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 12-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    The record for under 475 cc.....did you ever notice it. We'd shatter it

the problem with classes is, it limits myself from running Packard. Anybody that thinks they are fast should all measure themselves up to Packard, he has been the class leader or close to it since the beginning. His Saber is flat nasty.
    You can set a class record at any time during the event. It must also be backed up during that same event. I believe tnt passes may also count to records.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Also watched Packards Saber at Gilbert this past year. It almost gave me a chub watching it run..

You can see the TI chassis R in the background also.

Last edited by atv fan 28; 12-10-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    RIDE-RED 350r likes this.
    250Rs...Its not a addiction, its therapy!!

Im really just starting to be amused. As a big shop that builds the best motors and a whole lot of them...what is building 1 drag motor to represent yourself in the industry to back up all your statements? As a builder you could build a motor, run it, get r&d from it (because power is power no matter surface you are on), then sell it and still make money off of it. Why wouldnt you want to build a shop motor for competition? Its a tax write off... In all honesty you got the race that YOU asked for and now you are not even into dirt racing? The worlds biggest and best trx250r advocate? Get a hill chassis and run it wherever you want, put struts in it for asphalt and 300ft and shocks to go tear everybody up on the hill that doubt you. Then part it out and never lose a dollar? Ive lost the respect that i had after reading this.

You could run this chassis anywhere and it would increase your internet sales if it was your picture with a big ole chrome pipe hanging out the side. Ill give you a good price and you will already be ahead of most of the competition.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01344.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	10891

I am honestly interested in hearing why you guys spend so much money on a bike that only does 1 thing (go in a straight line), and only does it on 1 type of terrain (sand)? I'm not trying to bash anyone by any means; and if you have the extra coin to spend then more power to you. I'm just wondering what makes this fun enough to justify the time and money? I can slap paddles on my bike one weekend and go to Silver Lake, then throw the knobbies on the next weekend and play in the dirt. These are bikes built for one purpose. The drag bikes are badass, i'll admit that.
    LED Performance 350 Sphynx - XC Machine
    Laeger's-Roll-GThunder-HLS-PEP-HiPer-GBC

most guys who have drag bikes also have other bikes they can play on also.
    morse250r likes this.
    250Rs...Its not a addiction, its therapy!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbone07 View Post
    I am honestly interested in hearing why you guys spend so much money on a bike that only does 1 thing (go in a straight line), and only does it on 1 type of terrain (sand)? I'm not trying to bash anyone by any means; and if you have the extra coin to spend then more power to you. I'm just wondering what makes this fun enough to justify the time and money? I can slap paddles on my bike one weekend and go to Silver Lake, then throw the knobbies on the next weekend and play in the dirt. These are bikes built for one purpose. The drag bikes are badass, i'll admit that.
    ATV Fan is right, most guys in our group all have play bikes along with their drag bikes. Racing in general is an American tradition, look at Nascar, funny car, top fuel, etc. Street racing, boats, jet ski's, there is racing in everything that we do, and if you have it in your blood, and have the funds for it, this is no different then any other hobby that people have in terms of spending time/money on something you enjoy
    Hybrid Eng test junkie and Traxman's jockey

Quote Originally Posted by atv fan 28 View Post
    most guys who have drag bikes also have other bikes they can play on also.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone07 View Post

Wayne is right. Most people who have a drag bike own other bikes or a rzr. When we go to the dunes we ride the dunes on the play bikes all day and night then in the evening when it cools off we drag. OMW has won the single cylinder class the past several races if I remember right. Just a fair and honest opinion is that OMW will dominate nearly any single cylinder 300' drag event. If you have ever seen one of their bikes run you know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by derby; 12-10-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    jadleybray likes this.

Guys spend money on them because they like to win. Sure you can take an mx build and line up at the dunes but you'll get your ass handed to you by the guys with the drag oriented bikes. I was hooked on the straight line stuff a few years a go but racing died out around here a long with my interest. I did have a blast with it. Anyone ever see a utility play with drag banshees?

PROX370R likes this.
    1987 330r
    1986 250r

Brute Force 765
    Brute Force 750
    KFX 450r
    YFZ 450

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links