Float issue
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By atvguy
  • 1 Post By ShawnGny

Thread: Float issue

Float issue

that I caused. When riding wide open in 4th the other day it would bog and what I think was running out of gas. I would roll to a stop, kick it and start right back up and run until I did the same thing. So I thought the floats weren't letting the bowl fill all the way up so I pulled the carb apart and made a slight.....ever so slight bend in the float, I believe up. I was late at night, I should have waited but I just got jets and new needle. So I didnt test it until the next day, I turned the gas on, didnt check and dumped about a gallon of race gas on my garage floor. So Im thinking I went to far with the adjustment bend? Which direction should I go to correct this? I just want to make sure I dont do it wrong again, tired of pulling the carb in and out. Does anyone have a link on how to measure the float adjustment?

I appreciate any help.

I think height is 16.5mm with carb upside down(so basically where bowl sits) to bottom float which at top right now
    want to kinda hold carb sideways so float floats not compressing float needle
    i hope helped and didn’t confuse u more
    Sainato.matt likes this.
    RIDE WHATEVER IS NOT BROKEN!!

Thank you, thats what I was looking for, I had read it somewhere on here once before and couldn't find it. Going to give it a try, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by atvguy View Post
    I think height is 16.5mm with carb upside down(so basically where bowl sits) to bottom float which at top right now
    want to kinda hold carb sideways so float floats not compressing float needle
    i hope helped and didn’t confuse u more

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

OK got it fixed, again thanks.
    Sainato.matt likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links