Lectron Carburetor Feedback

Lectron Carburetor Feedback

What do you guys think about Lectron carbs on the R? I know they use to be seen primarily as drag carbs, but more and more people see them as another high performance option to Japanese carbs. A lot of 2 stroke motocross guys with KTM 250s and YZ 250s like them more than the stock Keihin and Mikuni's that come on their bikes. I think they atomize the fuel better (making more power) and you don't have to constantly rejet for temperature and elevation changes. I have a 39 mm Keihin PWK on my Duncan 340 but I'm thinking about switching it out with a Lectron. Has anyone made the change and noticed a big difference in performance?
    Last edited by christph7; 03-08-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    1982 ATC 250R
    1984 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250R
    1988 TRX 250R
    1989 TRX 250R

I “think” a lectron carb is better than keihin mikuni
    no jet just power jet knob really makes easy to dial in
    I just listed a lectron carb was gonna run on r but I’m so use to adjusting keihin mikuni I didn’t put on
    At first look lectron reminds me of tm mikuni carb
    RIDE WHATEVER IS NOT BROKEN!!

Food for thought...

1986 Honda FourTrax 250R
    BDT Puma coming soon..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Just about any aftermarket carb can be made to be faster than a "stock" carb....video compares stock to Lectron, not really an apples to apples comparison.

With that said; I like Lectron's, just don't feel they are for the average customer, nor are parts, jets, needles as easy to find locally for most. One benefit of Kehein (and Mikuni to an extent) is the large use of the carb on many different ATV's & Motorcycle models, parts-needles-jets are available at any motorcycle shop local to most. Not the case with Lectron parts...

Carlos

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links