whats the best case saver?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: whats the best case saver?

whats the best case saver?

i bought my bike with the case saver bolts broken. now that im having my motor rebuilt im fixing that too and dont know what case saver to get because i do not want to do this again. and fairly inexpensive. but if it has survived several chain snaps im willing to give it a shot.

The upp case saver is pretty nice.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

mi choice. very nice.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

The problem with aluminum case savers is that they can break & than they can still break your cases. The UPP's being polyurethane will do a much better job at preventing case damage. That being said I ran my R from 1990 until 2012 with the same engine & no case saver because in 1989 I snapped a chain & lost both mounts. The point is anything can happen but if you get good quality parts like DID chains & Sunstar sprockets & always make sure the chain is set right & lubed than you shouldn't have to worry about it to much.
    douglas likes this.

Proper chain and sprocket maintenance is key. The upp may not be as flashy as others, but it works in a way that no aluminum case saver can. Once it is in place it will absorb the chain energy if the chain does break. It also will not move or cause any of the case saver bolt holes to snap.

Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

thank you for all you advice i think i will go with the upp case saver. and im not really looking for flashy im just looking for functional.

To be Clear; I am perfectly fine with the OP purchasing the Case saver he chooses, however I am not fine with the misinformation.

Hundreds and hundreds of BDT Case Savers sold; a few lost chains, and NO case damage that I am aware of or seen; again a lot of misinformation. Assumptions + more assumptions that "the problem with aluminum case savers" & "that no aluminum case saver can" is based on other designs, and not on a single direct experience with a BDT Case Saver.

Regardless of the Case Saver used, a derailed or lost Chain is more about 'Aligned', 'Guidance' & 'Track' than "p
    roper chain and sprocket maintenance"...while yes it is important to properly maintain the complete drive -chain unit; it is more important to keep the Chain Aligned, Guided & Tracked....if you do all these Three; you will almost NEVER derail or have a lost Chain, or Broken Cases regardless of Case Saver.

The Only way is to run a 'Chain Guide' on our ATC250R's & TRX250R's...the attached Picture shows a BDT Swingarm + Chain Guide in Place on a customers Race Trike. Just like the MX Bikes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chain Guide.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	62013

Carlos

well now thats different see every one Carlos is ok with the op purchase any case save he wants........ that is incredable that you are allowing him to do that. are you for real ?????????????? there is no miss information here at all. if the chain comes off and the case saver saves the engine then it did its job. not all chains are going to come off the same some snap some miss aligned all under simular but not the same load. what ever a BDT is not much different then many other aluminum case saves. but we all know that you will say hours of R & D on your specialy designed case saver. thats bull crap its trial and error. you mocked 1 up to fit and now you sell them. the upp is a better application than others there is less chance for case damage due to a chain failure. pop that pimple between your shoulders and show others respect. this is a forum for all not 1 to govern no one elected you to over rule. do me a favor and correct me spelling errors and all that mis pronunciation with my alliterate ass.

The R&D on Carlos's case saver consists of looking at the original pumashine case saver and stealing the design. Then selling it as an original bdt design. I'll stick with the upp case saver thank you.
    scrappy likes this.

Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

hahaha. r&d this. winning.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast