Clutch plates - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Clutch plates

  1. #11
    Senior Member The Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Longview, Washington
    Posts
    113
    Not trying to argue with you Carlos, but you mention that Neil's clutch mod was an old trick team honda used back in the 80's. If I'm not mistaken that can't be a true fact. The clutch mod requires a 400ex clutch steel and I know for certain that the 400ex didn't make its debut until 1999 which is a full decade after you say team honda came up with it......
    And you accuse others of posting misinformation lol.....
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

    Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

  2. #12
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,668
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Not trying to argue with you Carlos, but you mention that Neil's clutch mod was an old trick team honda used back in the 80's. If I'm not mistaken that can't be a true fact. The clutch mod requires a 400ex clutch steel and I know for certain that the 400ex didn't make its debut until 1999 which is a full decade after you say team honda came up with it......
    And you accuse others of posting misinformation lol.....
    No misinformation on my end, again not a full understanding on your end:

    You need to go back an read what I posted; I never mentioned 400ex plates did I...? Only stated an "Old Honda Team Trick". Honda Teams had numerous clutch components (as well as just about every other part), that did not exist (yet or ever) for public consumption, that went for all the factory teams; Kawi, Yamaha, Susuki, ect... Thicker Varying Plates, Thicker Steel or Aluminum Plates, Varying Spring Lengths & Tension, Different Clutch Pressure Plate and Centers, Baskets, Washers, ect...the full range of Clutch components to increase or decrease Clutch engagement..

    Honda Team used 1-2 Thicker Steel or Aluminum Plates + Regular Plates, Varying Springs, and Baskets & Centers to achieve the Clutch Feel & Performance for each individual Team Racer. Could very well be the 400ex thicker plates evolved from all this early clutch work by Honda, not certain or really know. What I do know is what I just posted, and what Neil confirmed over time.

    Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 02-11-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    matuus likes this.

  3. #13
    Senior Member The Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Longview, Washington
    Posts
    113
    Sure....... I figured you would make something up to make yourself sound knowledgeable lol. Have a great day friend
    Loren
    scrappy and douglas like this.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

    Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,668
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Sure....... I figured you would make something up to make yourself sound knowledgeable lol. Have a great day friend
    Loren
    "Make something up"...I was their some of the time, plus the fact that Honda as well as other teams had special components; Clutch, Engines, Pipes, and just about everything else comes from direct accounts of Team Riders, not just me...."friend".

    Carlos
    matuus likes this.

  6. #15
    Senior Member matuus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    263
    cant stump the doc. lol



    i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #16
    Member evaneyeball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    "Make something up"...I was their some of the time, plus the fact that Honda as well as other teams had special components; Clutch, Engines, Pipes, and just about everything else comes from direct accounts of Team Riders, not just me...."friend".

    Carlos
    Ace carlos this is exactly what you do all the time is you say something and some one corrects you politely and you say your right and the person that politely corrected you is a complete idiot wich is not the case.

  8. #17
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,668
    Quote Originally Posted by evaneyeball View Post
    Ace carlos this is exactly what you do all the time is you say something and some one corrects you politely and you say your right and the person that politely corrected you is a complete idiot wich is not the case.
    You don't know what you are talking about, go back and re-read what I wrote. No one correct me, the information posted is an assumption only, not based on what really happened. I merely posted the real facts, and not based on any assumptions.

    Carlos

  9. #18
    Senior Member douglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    fitchburg ma
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post

    Neil was a great guy, and very good friend; saw & hung out with him every year for the past 5 that BDT made the Trip to PineLake Raceway, Ashtabula, OH for the Nationals...will be missed for sure. The "Neil Clutch Mod" is the old Honda Team Trick done back in the Mid to Late 80's....works well on Higher HP & TrQ engines, however; clutch pull is noticeably stiffer vs OEM.

    Again, someone has posted Wrong Information.:

    To be clear; the CR125R Fibers or Steels can not be used with the standard OEM Basket or Standard Billet Basket, the CR Fibers/Plates have 2 more Drive tabs vs the TRX/ATC250R Plates...therefore you Need a special Basket. Special Baskets were made years ago for using CR125R & CRF125 Plates/Fibers, Both for 7 & 8 Plate designs...They are Custom Billet with Billet Center Hubs and Billet Pressure Plate...very Pricey 100% Billet Setups. Quite Good for BB High HP & TrQ Race Engines. Both Billet versions are still in Stock at BDT Motorsports.

    Carlos


    after reading this post up to your reply on # 9 at that point who was posting wrong information ? the op asked a question and no one posted wrong information. no point in swinging the dick around it was a question no a statement.

  10. #19
    Senior Member acecarlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    12,668
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    after reading this post up to your reply on # 9 at that point who was posting wrong information ? the op asked a question and no one posted wrong information. no point in swinging the dick around it was a question no a statement.
    Now Douglas; you are typing like Matuus...incoherent sentences, when you start posting coherently again; I will have to accuse you of being me...LOL

    Carlos

  11. #20
    Senior Member douglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    fitchburg ma
    Posts
    2,912
    as usual no straight answer as to who was posting wrong information ???? because nobody was.


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •