Clutch plates - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Clutch plates

Not trying to argue with you Carlos, but you mention that Neil's clutch mod was an old trick team honda used back in the 80's. If I'm not mistaken that can't be a true fact. The clutch mod requires a 400ex clutch steel and I know for certain that the 400ex didn't make its debut until 1999 which is a full decade after you say team honda came up with it......
    And you accuse others of posting misinformation lol.....
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Not trying to argue with you Carlos, but you mention that Neil's clutch mod was an old trick team honda used back in the 80's. If I'm not mistaken that can't be a true fact. The clutch mod requires a 400ex clutch steel and I know for certain that the 400ex didn't make its debut until 1999 which is a full decade after you say team honda came up with it......
    And you accuse others of posting misinformation lol.....
    No misinformation on my end, again not a full understanding on your end:

You need to go back an read what I posted; I never mentioned 400ex plates did I...? Only stated an "Old Honda Team Trick". Honda Teams had numerous clutch components (as well as just about every other part), that did not exist (yet or ever) for public consumption, that went for all the factory teams; Kawi, Yamaha, Susuki, ect... Thicker Varying Plates, Thicker Steel or Aluminum Plates, Varying Spring Lengths & Tension, Different Clutch Pressure Plate and Centers, Baskets, Washers, ect...the full range of Clutch components to increase or decrease Clutch engagement..

Honda Team used 1-2 Thicker Steel or Aluminum Plates + Regular Plates, Varying Springs, and Baskets & Centers to achieve the Clutch Feel & Performance for each individual Team Racer. Could very well be the 400ex thicker plates evolved from all this early clutch work by Honda, not certain or really know. What I do know is what I just posted, and what Neil confirmed over time.

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 02-11-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    matuus likes this.

Sure....... I figured you would make something up to make yourself sound knowledgeable lol. Have a great day friend
    Loren
    scrappy and douglas like this.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Sure....... I figured you would make something up to make yourself sound knowledgeable lol. Have a great day friend
    Loren
    "Make something up"...I was their some of the time, plus the fact that Honda as well as other teams had special components; Clutch, Engines, Pipes, and just about everything else comes from direct accounts of Team Riders, not just me...."friend".

Carlos
    matuus likes this.

cant stump the doc. lol

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    "Make something up"...I was their some of the time, plus the fact that Honda as well as other teams had special components; Clutch, Engines, Pipes, and just about everything else comes from direct accounts of Team Riders, not just me...."friend".

Carlos
    Ace carlos this is exactly what you do all the time is you say something and some one corrects you politely and you say your right and the person that politely corrected you is a complete idiot wich is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by evaneyeball View Post
    Ace carlos this is exactly what you do all the time is you say something and some one corrects you politely and you say your right and the person that politely corrected you is a complete idiot wich is not the case.
    You don't know what you are talking about, go back and re-read what I wrote. No one correct me, the information posted is an assumption only, not based on what really happened. I merely posted the real facts, and not based on any assumptions.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post

Neil was a great guy, and very good friend; saw & hung out with him every year for the past 5 that BDT made the Trip to PineLake Raceway, Ashtabula, OH for the Nationals...will be missed for sure. The "Neil Clutch Mod" is the old Honda Team Trick done back in the Mid to Late 80's....works well on Higher HP & TrQ engines, however; clutch pull is noticeably stiffer vs OEM.

Again, someone has posted Wrong Information.:

To be clear; the CR125R Fibers or Steels can not be used with the standard OEM Basket or Standard Billet Basket, the CR Fibers/Plates have 2 more Drive tabs vs the TRX/ATC250R Plates...therefore you Need a special Basket. Special Baskets were made years ago for using CR125R & CRF125 Plates/Fibers, Both for 7 & 8 Plate designs...They are Custom Billet with Billet Center Hubs and Billet Pressure Plate...very Pricey 100% Billet Setups. Quite Good for BB High HP & TrQ Race Engines. Both Billet versions are still in Stock at BDT Motorsports.

Carlos

after reading this post up to your reply on # 9 at that point who was posting wrong information ? the op asked a question and no one posted wrong information. no point in swinging the dick around it was a question no a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    after reading this post up to your reply on # 9 at that point who was posting wrong information ? the op asked a question and no one posted wrong information. no point in swinging the dick around it was a question no a statement.
    Now Douglas; you are typing like Matuus...incoherent sentences, when you start posting coherently again; I will have to accuse you of being me...LOL

Carlos

as usual no straight answer as to who was posting wrong information ???? because nobody was.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links