what parts to get a smooth power band?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: what parts to get a smooth power band?

what parts to get a smooth power band?

im getting my motor built top and bottom. i want as smooth a power band as possible. before i broke my case and realized my motor was toast it ran super strong and felt like i was riding a 4 stroke. i dont like a crazy kick you in the gut power band i like it smooth and this is my first rebuild. so i think i have v force reeds (old so dont think theyre 3's) a 68 mm bore and a pro x piston. ct ported the cylinder and LED is relieving the exhaust bridge (dont know what that does so if you know can you tell me what that does) and has a small 23.5 cc dome. should this be a good setup for a smooth power band?

Evaneyeball:

"relieving the exhaust bridge"..."i want as smooth a power band as possible"..."should this be a good setup for a smooth power band"....???

Really these are questions 'Best' answered by the person/shop doing the build. While you will get answers here, they won't reflect what your builder is doing, and the end results from his work.

I suggest you call your Builder, tell him what you want & expect back on your build, and ask all the questions you need answered...that will give you a direct connection to your parts, build and builder.

Carlos
    matuus and american opel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by acecarlos View Post
    Evaneyeball:

"relieving the exhaust bridge"..."i want as smooth a power band as possible"..."should this be a good setup for a smooth power band"....???

Really these are questions 'Best' answered by the person/shop doing the build. While you will get answers here, they won't reflect what your builder is doing, and the end results from his work.

I suggest you call your Builder, tell him what you want & expect back on your build, and ask all the questions you need answered...that will give you a direct connection to your parts, build and builder.

Carlos
    im just looking for another opinion by someone who has run some of these parts

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

smooth is setup. porting. pipe. no way 2 say what u got-get. listen to the man.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    acecarlos likes this.

Generally speaking of you want smooth, you need torque. Good ways to increase torque is by increasing bore size, compression and/or stroke. Port layout and pipe also play a major role.

A few ways to smooth things out is to increase intake tract length, gearing, flywheel weights, carb size, ignition. It has been a long time since I have rode a CT cylinder. The ones I did ride seemed a bit pipey.

Arlan is a good choice. Talk with him about what you want and he will get you to your goals

Best regards
    -Jason
    The Norm and douglas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndmoto View Post
    Generally speaking of you want smooth, you need torque. Good ways to increase torque is by increasing bore size, compression and/or stroke. Port layout and pipe also play a major role.

A few ways to smooth things out is to increase intake tract length, gearing, flywheel weights, carb size, ignition. It has been a long time since I have rode a CT cylinder. The ones I did ride seemed a bit pipey.

Arlan is a good choice. Talk with him about what you want and he will get you to your goals

Best regards
    -Jason
    thank you jason. this is my first two stroke and i rode a 250ex for a trip realised it didnt have enough power (i hadent ridden a lot in a while) got a 400ex rode it for about 6 months and got a 250r. first bike with any power at all. so i want my first two stroke to not scare me off of ever riding a two stroke.

My boys both ride mildly ported stock cylinders with a fmf fatty pipe and a 38mm airstriker carb. They are 12 and 13. They are able to control the power with no problem at all. Both cylinders are set up at 13.5-1 compression. They have a fairly smooth power band, but still pull very hard. This last summer they were drag racing each other when a Raptor 700 and Yfz450 pulled up to race. Those 4 stroke fellas were pretty embarrassed when they found out that two kids spanked them.
    What pipe do you have? The fmf fatty and ESR trx5 pipes are excellent "all around " pipes. They may not get you to max hp for your porting, but they will be smooth.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    My boys both ride mildly ported stock cylinders with a fmf fatty pipe and a 38mm airstriker carb. They are 12 and 13. They are able to control the power with no problem at all. Both cylinders are set up at 13.5-1 compression. They have a fairly smooth power band, but still pull very hard. This last summer they were drag racing each other when a Raptor 700 and Yfz450 pulled up to race. Those 4 stroke fellas were pretty embarrassed when they found out that two kids spanked them.
    What pipe do you have? The fmf fatty and ESR trx5 pipes are excellent "all around " pipes. They may not get you to max hp for your porting, but they will be smooth.
    i have pretty much the same set up i have a cr500 38mm carb, a fmf fatty and age is about right too. and if it has a crazy power band im not allowed to keep it

smaller carb will give you more bottom end.rad valve reeds better low mid,esr5 is a good pipe porting and compression is a must.
    acecarlos likes this.

It's actually a shame. With all the misinformation being posted by a couple, what I stated above and copied here applies even more; "While you will get answers here, they won't reflect what your builder is doing, and the end results from his work"...

Carlos
    american opel likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links