Rebuild time - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Rebuild time

I think esr has a really good cylinder, as long as you have someone reputable to port it. I am partial to LeD since he works so closely with eddy. He also just built me a bad ass 370 that put up great numbers. Also never had a hard time getting ahold of him with any questions.
    Just my 2 cents

I talked with Ct racing and he said I would’nt get the full potential out of the stroker without a custom pipe , he suggested the 330 power valve , I was kind of looking for input on that or a stroker 310 . I have an ESR pipe and don’t want to have to buy a custom pipe

i know people who are happy with both, if it saves you the cost of the pipe I don’t think you’d be unhappy at all with the 330 pv

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Atculater:

Being your in Ohio, hopefully you made it to Ashtabula PineLake Raceway 50th Anniversary TT Nationals this past July 2019, or any of the past 5 years, if not you should try to attend in July 2020, even if not racing, as a spectator. It will help tremendously to understand & see what is going on at the Track Level, and not have to rely solely on internet posts.

If you did make it to the TT Nationals, then you know who builds the fastest 250R engines; it certainly is not any of the three other builders mentioned. This goes for both Trikes & Quads.

The picture Matuus posted above is a BDT310 x 76 Stroker (+4MM). This combination makes for one heck of a great medium sized engine at a true 310CC (first bore @ 72MM), and would embarrass a lot Much Larger BB engines. If you are comparing to a 330PV (really a 318CC @ First Bore 75MM), the 310 x 76MM Stroker is a better all around engine; it will make equal HP & TrQ to the 330PV, yet have a much friendlier-usable Power Curve.

With The 310 x 76 Stroker, the ESR ATC5 off the shelf pipe is a good option, very decent pipe....it will also run a bit cooler with a 310 x 76 stroker than it would with a 330PV. Later down the line you can up-grade to a BDT Hand Coned Pipe if you wanted more TrQ & HP.

Regardless of who you choose as your builder; consider a full package...piecing together different engine builds, carburetors, pipe, intakes sounds good, it really is not IMO. What makes the Big Difference is when everything fits & works together, as designed & intended...it's a complete package that makes a Winning combination.

Best of Luck,

Carlos
    Last edited by acecarlos; 01-25-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    american opel likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alrightythen.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	61889

Quote Originally Posted by Atculater View Post
    I talked with Ct racing and he said I would’nt get the full potential out of the stroker without a custom pipe , he suggested the 330 power valve , I was kind of looking for input on that or a stroker 310 . I have an ESR pipe and don’t want to have to buy a custom pipe
    So my 310 is pretty impressive. It pulled very hard and was extremely reliable after Pete fixed it. It started out as a 310 cylinder with stock stroke built by someone else. It was very unimpressive. I took it to Pete and he said he could fix it by Re-porting it and adding a +4mm crank. I have an ESR5 pipe and 38mm airstriker carb on it. It is an absolute monster for such a small big bore. Hopefully you can see through the BS and get an engine you can enjoy. Good luck
    Last edited by The Norm; 01-26-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    bdt=pos!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

yaahhh. start with bs stops here. on the track counts. thas no bs. read carlos post.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP asked for the people of forum to post their thoughts. The forum responded! Then the keyboard commando and his stooges come on and push their propaganda. Those other builders you and your man crush constantly bash are very respected in the 250R community. They are never on social media bashing anyone. They share information and help the community. I have had an engine built by your idol. It was a big pos. I will not buy anything from him neither will a large amount of other 250R owners. If the OP wants to purchase an engine package or a spark plug from the guy I do not care. To continue to spout off about a couple of races that were not won by the engine is silly. The rider won the race!
    The very sad truth is I bought a stock cylinder 250R engine from a guy that had it built and ported by a local chainsaw shop that would embarrass the 310 built 100% by Carlos's hands. A chainsaw shop! They built a better engine than bdt..... imagine that.
    Now please let the people of this forum ask their questions and let the people of this forum answer those questions. Your conduct speaks volumes!
    scrappy likes this.
    bdt=pos!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

Rebuild time

more bs. never stop. ive see hibrid motors run localy. biggest garbage builder. couldnt beat a stock 250. you the king of bs.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by matuus; 01-26-2020 at 12:30 PM.

I was going to go oem cylinder with a 4 mil stroker but it’s hard to find one that hasn’t been ported or isn’t an arm and a leg , they’re over $200 on eBay for a used one . ESR sells a 310 cylinder for $700 and it’s new with a head and piston . So for the cost difference I was going to buy an esr 310 but still wanted to do the 4mil . But if I go that route dare I say it I don’t want too much power just usable power . I’m not riding wide open in a desert I’m in the woods so I need low end power hence the 4 mil .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links