Radiator drain bolt
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By moonboy274
  • 1 Post By acecarlos

Thread: Radiator drain bolt

Radiator drain bolt

I was getting ready to pull my engine to fix a crack in the frame and when I went to drain the radiator the drain bolt on the water pump is broke off.
    Can I drain the radiator by just disconnecting the Hoses and the drain plug in the head? Any opinions would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by moonboy274 View Post
    I was getting ready to pull my engine to fix a crack in the frame and when I went to drain the radiator the drain bolt on the water pump is broke off.
    Can I drain the radiator by just disconnecting the Hoses and the drain plug in the head? Any opinions would be great.
    yes you can drain it that way buddy.might be a little messy hahah

It can be mostly drained by pulling the cylinder plug & lower hose. Once you drain the trans fluid & get the engine out you can turn it upside down to drain the rest of the coolant out of the water pump. You could also just drill a blind hole in the broken plug & use an easy out to remove it because your going to want to fix that before putting it back together anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by moonboy274 View Post
    You can drain some of the Coolant as you described, however; since your WP drain bolt is broken, you can (and should) remove the WP cover and completely drain Coolant first. Also; since the drain bolt is broken, it will come out much easier from inside the WP cover, and drilling a small "blind hole" well centered into a M6 x 1 small bolt is much harder with WP cover attached to engine than it is as a separate piece. It will also allow you to fully inspect WP assembly.

Carlos

Thanks guys that helps out alot.
    american opel likes this.

Most welcome...!

Carlos
    matuus likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links