Crankshaft
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scrappy

Thread: Crankshaft

Crankshaft

I need to replace my crankshaft. With that being said what are my choices hot rod ,wiseco and oem. I have heard horror stories about both aftermarket rods. Over the years. Has the reliable improve with hot rod or wiseco . I dont know which way to go ..

Hotrods cranks are good, use them with confidence. Haven't heard much good about wiseco cranks. OEM cranks are the best but you may have a hard time finding a good low hour used one & if you do it'll probably be overpriced... Hotrods did have an issue with some earlier cranks having tin failures but they fixed that problem. If your still concerned about the tins you can have them welded for peace of mind. I had that done on my hotrods short rod crank. Also when you get new crank bearings use the CR500 8 ball bearings. There p/n: 91003-KA4-771.
    Last edited by scrappy; 01-10-2020 at 02:57 AM.
    The Norm likes this.

I have had great luck with OEM Honda and Hotrods cranks. I have heard of wiseco cranks tin failures. Every crank I run I have welded the tins and pin just to add a little bit of insurance. I know a few people running wiseco cranks without issue, but again they sent them to me and I welded the tins and pin. So whichever aftermarket crank you get I would definitely get it welded.
    When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas!

Current: Hybrid Engineering 391R
    Hybrid Engineering 310R (super 310)
    Hybrid Engineering 265R
    Hybrid Engineering 250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PJ UPTMOR View Post
    I need to replace my crankshaft. With that being said what are my choices hot rod ,wiseco and oem. I have heard horror stories about both aftermarket rods. Over the years. Has the reliable improve with hot rod or wiseco . I dont know which way to go ..
    oem
    hot rod
    never wiseco

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links