What type jug I have - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What type jug I have

My friend I bought it from had an O ring head but he was having trouble keeping the O ring from blowing is a copper gasket more reliable than the O ring type .does anyone have a decent used pump gas head that would work or maybe know a good direction to go for a new one

i run bdt oring oem head. no leaks.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
    bdt261 oem
    bdt363 prox
    bdt431 puma
    bdt561 saber
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen that problem many times, and have seen people throw money at trying to fix them and still have head gasket issues. After head, head mod, gaskets, piston, bore, you are getting pretty close to the same cost as an ESR 310 kit. Would be better money spent and you would be starting off on a better platform without the headache and down time.

Just my 2 cents. Regardless, best of luck
    -Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Justin335 View Post
    My friend I bought it from had an O ring head but he was having trouble keeping the O ring from blowing is a copper gasket more reliable than the O ring type .does anyone have a decent used pump gas head that would work or maybe know a good direction to go for a new one
    We've been modifying OEM & CollHeads at BDT Motorsports with two high temperature o-rings for >10 years with no issues or leaks. Many Racers & Races have won National 2 stroke classes (both Trike & Quads) with o-ringed OEM Heads. When setup correctly; absolutely no leaks, and better than a head with a gasket IMO.

As far as cylinders go, IMO to this day the most reliable cylinder is still the Honda OEM. A properly setup OEM @ 67-69.5MM bore x 72MM stock Stroke will run with any 310 aftermarket cylinder, while keeping the original Honda OEM quality & reliability.

OEM cut "Pump" or Race "Gas Heads" with two sets of o-rings for all sizes from 66-69.50MM are in stock at BDT Motorsports. Your Head can also be cut & o-ringed for the appropriate application.

Carlos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (1)2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	61845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	61847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (1)3.jpg 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	61849
    matuus likes this.

How much does it run to buy a head ready to go from you Carlos I kinda want to keep my stock head for my other cylinder I may have a buddy that has a stock head what is the price to send you a stock head and have you to set it up for me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justin335 View Post
    How much does it run to buy a head ready to go from you Carlos I kinda want to keep my stock head for my other cylinder I may have a buddy that has a stock head what is the price to send you a stock head and have you to set it up for me thanks
    Don't want to upset a few or break .NET rules with advertising prices. If you can't find someone to do the work for you, that's a different story; then BDT is here to help. PM sent Justin...

Carlos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links