ESR 310 kits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By etccb

Thread: ESR 310 kits

ESR 310 kits

Hey guys new here but just ordered a ESR 310 non power valve kit with a trx 9 port job for my 86 trx250r pretty excited parts just arrived yesterday opened the box and got a 310 power valve with trx 9 port job kit so my question is what does everyone think of esr power valve kits I’ve herd lots of mixed feelings from years ago also I’ve always ran golden spectro on my other motor and now that I have a power valve do I need to run a different oil cause I know spectro is alittle on the thicker side just worried about the PV blade building up crud on it... any opinions would be much appreciated thank you for reading

I personally do not run golden spectro, but cleaning the pv should be apart of routine maintenance.

What oil do you run and do you have any opinion on the esr power valves?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TRX250R.net
    Advertisements

And how often should you clean your power valve

Generally I run redline. Pv cleaning is dependent. Check it after an oil change. If it looks good, check it after 2 oil changes

For Oil when running a Blade PV, use Synthetics or Oils like Maxima 927 with a max Castor content of 20%. High Castor Oil content Oils induce High Carbon & 'Gummed' up parts, the Blade Type PV's are susceptible to binding & failure...Maintenance-Maintenance...!

From your other Post: "Not a fan of 'blade' type PV's, however; if well maintained, and adjusted properly, they work fine. Frequent 'Maintenance' is the Key here to prevent PV failure's....disassemble, clean and Inspect the PV every 10-12 hours of use"

Carlos

You got a free power valve upgrade?
    SCORE!!
    Maintain it as instructed and you will love it.
    douglas likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links